It took me a little while to figure out what exactly what I wanted to do for Minions Day but when the right recipe popped up I just knew this was it! So, we are doing Yellow Chocolate Minion cups with Animal crackers!
Super cute right? Here’s how to make ’em!
- 5 Cups Wilton Yellow Chocolate Candy Melts
- 1 Wilton 8-Cavity Round Shot Glass Mold
- Black Cake Mate Writing Gel
- Blue Cake Mate Writing Gel
- 16 Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Nabisco Honey Maid Minion Graham Crackers
- One cup of yellow chocolate candy melts at a timeplace in medium microwavable mixing bowl. Heat in the microwave for 60 seconds. Remove and stir. Repeat in 20-second intervals, or until completely melted. Be sure not to overheat. Remove from microwave and stir until chocolate is completely smooth and silky.
- Using a small spoon, slowly pour yellow chocolate in to each shot mold. Be sure that mold has been thoroughly cleaned and dried ahead of time.
- Repeat this process until all 8 shot molds have been filled.
- Tap mold against countertop to ensure all air bubbles have been eliminated. Lift mold above your head to check for air bubbles. If there are none, you may proceed to the next step. Otherwise, repeat tapping. You may also stick a butter knife into each mold to help eliminate hidden air bubbles.
- Place mold in freezer for approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Remove mold from freezer.
- Slow invert each shot mold until chocolate candy melt is released. Carefully place each chocolate mold upright onto a clean, flat surface.
- Using your black writing gel, depending on which Minion you want, draw 1 to 2 oversized circles (for your Minion’s eyes). Fill each circle Carefully place 1 to 2 candy eyeballs into each circle.
- Using black writing gel again, draw your Minion’s mouth. Let your kid’s have fun with this! They will have unique ideas!
- Using your blue writing gel, draw denim overalls (from chest up) with a center pocket and 2 black dots for your suspender buttons.
- Fill cups with Minion graham crackers. Serve immediately.
Of course we couldn’t have a Minions day with just a recipe now could we? No! We have to actually do something fun! So, I decided to do a Scavenger Hunt with my kiddos!
So there you have a fun day full of Minions! Go on a scavenger hunt, and have a snack when you are done!
Do your kiddos love the minions?
Latest posts by Jeanine (see all)
- Breaking the Cat Code With Arm & Hammer™ and The Cat Whisperer Mieshelle Nagelschneider #ArmAndHammerCat #LitterBoxLife - March 25, 2017
- Disney Beauty and The Beast Toys Now Available at Toys“R”Us Stores Across Canada + Get Your 15% Off Discount Code Here! - March 24, 2017
- Little Snugglers Nano Preemie Diaper Launching in Canadian NICUs TODAY! #NoBabyUnhugged - March 23, 2017