Vaseline has been around for over 100 years, and has many great uses – other than just moisturizing your skin. We’ve all used it to relieve the sores our runny nose has left behind, and most of us have used it to soothe cracked and dry skin. But have you used it to highlight your cheekbones? What about to moisturize and lengthen your lashes?
Here are many different ways you can use Vaseline that you may not have known about;
Different Vaseline Uses:
- Apply vaseline to areas that are prone to chafing; it creates a smooth barrier to protect your skin.
- Rub vaseline on your pet’s paw pads to soothe dry or cracked paws.
- Freeze vaseline for just a few minutes, and then rub on your forehead to soothe a fever – or even a headache.
- Use vaseline to smooth your skin after shaving. It’s a great moisturizer, but just use a thin layer or it will be “goopy”. You can use it for baby massage, too, just warm it up in your hands a bit first.
- Exfoliate your lips: put vaseline on your lips and scrub them with a toothbrush (not too hard!). Rinse.
- Make an awesome diy lip gloss.
- Dab a bit of vaseline on your ears to make it easier to get earrings in.
- Remove gum from hair – no more trying to get gum out with peanut butter!
- Make your own spa socks: smooth vaseline over dry heels, and add socks. Sleep overnight with spa socks on for maximum hydration.
- Apply vaseline to your cuticles before painting them. The vaseline creates a barrier to keep the nail polish off your skin.
- Vaseline also tames frizz, and is a great way to keep your eyebrows tamed. Use it to turn powder eyeshadow into cream eyeshadow, and protect your forehead from hair dye by applying it around your hairline before dying your hair.
- Whiten teeth with a quick swipe of vaseline.
What else do you use vaseline for?