Halloween is now just a week away, so it’s time to bring out the fun ideas to make the kids lunches a bit more fun, and get them ready for the big day! Halloween is something I have always loved and always tried to make the days leading up to it fun for the kids!
I also didn’t really have the budget when my kids were a lot younger to really do much, so it was harder for me. Now that money isn’t an issue, time is! So, I try to find fun, and quick ideas to spruce up the kids lunches! Here is one that is not only easy, quick and fun but it’s also SUPER budget friendly! The best of all? It’s not junk food, which they’ll get enough of on the 31st so this can be sent a few times the week leading up to Halloween!
Make Your Own Mummy Lunch Snacks
Enough to wrap 5 bananas & 5 juice boxes
- Juice boxes
- (2) 2″ x 2.5 yards rolled gauze
- Surgical tape
- Plastic googly eyes
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
- Cut your rolls of gauze in half
- Tape a piece of gauze to the top back of your banana and wrap your gauze around the banana and tape the gauze to the bottom back of your banana
- For your juice boxes, tape a piece of gauze to the top back of the juice box and wrap your gauze around the juice box and tape the gauze to the bottom back of your juice box just like you did your bananas
- Carefully hot glue two googly eyes onto the top of your bananas and juice boxes inbetween the gauze
*supervise children to make sure they know the gauze and eyes are not edible
My kids love stuff like this. Especially, the littlest two. They think it’s a riot to open their lunch box to see things like this so it’s something I will continue to do until they are too old (Jordan, 13 and too old for EVERYTHING fun! lol) but the littlest love it for now so it’s a pleasure for me to do for them.
Think this looks fun? Give it a pin!
Do you do any fun lunch box treats for school leading up to Halloween?
Latest posts by Jeanine (see all)
- Inexpensive Preschool Idea: Teach Names and Numbers - January 17, 2017
- Homemade Valentine’s Card For Kids – With Glow Sticks FREE Printable! - January 16, 2017
- BIG Announcement! - January 12, 2017