Fall is in full swing and lately both Jordan and I have noticed we are having itchy eyes and when they start to water it seems like they never stop!
We’ve decided to try an air purifier in our home to see if maybe that will help, as we’ve never really experienced this before and it’s both of us so that tells me it’s seasonal allergies of some sort. Of course, we’ll be heading to the doctor to see if they can pinpoint what exactly it is bothering us but for now while we’re in our house the air purifier is helping us quite a bit!
We’ve decided to keep it in our living room. One of the two places in our home I find to be super dry, and could use some extra moisture in the air. The second being our basement, where our bedroom is but I don’t spend much time in there except at night, so my top priority was the common living space. I was worried it would be too loud to having in the most used area of the house, but its very quiet so that isn’t an issue at all.
It seems to really help a lot, I find the air a lot easier to bare on the main floor and it’s not quite so dry. Often I’d be sitting down to work, and have to keep getting up for water as my throat felt really dry, but that isn’t an issue anymore. Do you ever feel like your nose is so dry that it hurts? I felt that way often but with The Oreck ProShield® I have my big jug of water by my side and it lasts, unlike before. With having so many pets, and so many kids an air purifier like the Oreck ProShield is extremely important – it catches pet dander, dust and multiple other allergens sealed into our homes once we shut the door!
Featuring exclusive Truman cell technology, this machine effectively and quietly removes the causes of indoor air pollution and leaves crisp, clean and breathable air behind. It breaks down odours and volatile organic compounds, such as chemical fumes and aerosol vapours, thanks to the innovative super filter. Additionally, the permanent air filtration cleans easily and never needs replacing. Purify up to a 600 square foot room, and not only will your air quality improve, you’ll also have less dusting to do too! The air purifier cleans and re-circulates a 8′ x 10′ room twice every hour and is even ideal for small spaces since it can lay flat, horizontally or on its side vertically. Oreck’s air purifier is 10% more powerful than previous models with improved performance coming from an increased air flow through the pre-filter and increased fan power. Cost effective and energy efficient, Oreck’s air purifier is the innovative solution for healthier, breathable indoor air!
- Fights allergens, dust, pet dander & odour
- Filter cleans easily & never needs replacing
- Pre-filter traps larger particles
- Oxygenator converts ozone into pure oxygen
- 3-speed controls: high, medium and low for quietest operation
- More odour fighting power active carbon filter reduces odours and VOCs
- Permanent air filtration Truman cell electrostatic filter cleans easily, and never needs replacing
- Dual orientation; lies flat or on its side to fit a variety of spaces
- Oreck suggests that the bonus odour absorber plus be replaced every 3-6 months or as needed to maintain VOC and odour removal
- According to Environment Canada, Canadians spend 90% of their time indoors, which means it is important to take care of the air we breathe
- Purifies a 600 sq. ft. room; not only will your air quality improve, you’ll have less dust too!
- Measures 10.5″ W x 14″ H x 9″ L
- Weight: 10.5 lbs
- Made in China
- Oreck Proshield
- User’s Guide
- Cleaning Brush (located in the storage slot; see manual)
- (2) Charcoal Filter
- Warranty Information:
This product comes with a 3-year warranty through the manufacturer.
SRP: $479.95 CDN on OreckCanada.com
The EPA says indoor air may be up to five times more polluted than the air outside. The ProShield® Air Purifier is an easy, portable, proactive way to help capture allergens from the air that pass through the filter. Using Truman Cell® Technology, the Oreck ProShield uses a six stage purification process to break down odours and volatile organic compounds that pass through the filter.
I’m looking forward to testing the Oreck ProShield® come the Spring as that is when I find I’m really bothered by everything in the air. Having windows open around that time makes it even harder to deal with in the house, so hopefully I can remain confident in my Oreck ProShield® and it brings the same helpful relief as it does now in the Fall.
Do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Have some dry air in your home you feel could use a boost from Oreck?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am part of the Hoover #CleanTeam and receive special perks for being part of this group. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Latest posts by Jeanine (see all)
- Teething & Babies: How to Soothe the Discomfort - February 20, 2017
- Celebrating Family Day: Tips for First-Time Moms Preparing for Baby - February 17, 2017
- SING Special Edition is Coming to Blu-ray/DVD, and Digital HD This March! #SINGMOVIE #SINGSQUAD - February 16, 2017