I am late! I am so far behind, I’m late putting up my Christmas tree! Because we have Thanksgiving in Canada in October I usually get my tree up around November 20th every year but this year — I’m behind. We’ve been painting our house (girls room, boys room, living and dining rooms and up next is the front entry way!) so it’s been really crazy around here.
This time of the year it’s also busy blog-wise so I can get a little bit behind, so Christmas decorating has taken a little bit of a back seat! This makes me sad, so I decided it’s time to start slowly sharing Christmas, Holiday and Winter (ahhh!) recipes, crafts and stories on the blog!
Today, let’s make some Snowmen Oreo pops! How fun, cute and delicious! These seriously brighten any kids day, especially mine who love Oreos and love snowmen — who doesn’t?
Cake pops are still pretty popular right now but I see cookie pops becoming a thing now too so I’m really excited about these, they are really cute and really simple and easy to make.
- White candy melts
- Betty Crocker orange icing can
- Miniature chocolate chips
- Lollipop sticks
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper and place your candy melts into a microwave safe bowl
- Heat your candy melts on 50% power, for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted
- Dip the end of your lollipop sticks into the melted chocolate, open an Oreo, place your stick inside, and sandwich the Oreo back together
- Let your Oreos set for a couple minutes then dip them into your melted white chocolate making sure each side is covered
- Let the excess chocolate drop off and place onto your parchment paper to harden
- Place two miniature chocolate chips towards the top of the Oreos for eyes and five in a smile shape towards the bottom for a mouth
- Place the small round tip on you icing can and use a back and forth motion to draw on a small carrot nose
- Let your Oreo pops set for an hour and enjoy!
Aren’t they just the cutest? Simple, fun and the kids just love them. Using oreos is seriously so much easier and less of a mess than cake pops, so I much prefer cookie pops! I’m all about simple, fun, delicious and mess free!