Do you ever feel like a certain time of year you are more productive and you take on more projects or are a bit more crafty? I find this is me during the holidays. Christmas brings something different out in me and I love trying to be crafty and trying new things.
I love saving money and if I can DIY some decorations of my own I will do it! Generally DIY projects are much cheaper, and also turn out much bette than store bought. I mean, look at this elf candle holder. Is it not the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?
I think so! So, today we are sharing how to make your own! I think these would be so cute in a pair on a mantle or even table! Make a couple and even give some as gifts! So cute and so fun, anyone would be sure to enjoy a little elves in their lives! These would make awesome teacher gifts, or a gift for someone at the office too. It’s not too complicated and the end result is really much better than anything at the store!
- Wine glass
- Green, red felt, cream, and white felt
- Cream, pink, red, white, and black craft paint
- Paint brushes
- Votive candle
- Lay out a piece of newspaper before you get started
- Paint the inside and outside of the wine bowl cream and paint the stem and base red and let dry
- Paint two white oval eyes on the front of your glass
- Then paint a pink sideways oval nose right below the eyes
- Dab your finger tip into your red paint and press lightly onto each side of the eye/nose area
- Now use your black paint to paint a smile onto the glass, connecting the cheeks
- Then outline the eyes, nose, and use the eyes with your black paint and let your glass dry
- Cut out a green felt triangle hat and hot glue to the stem of your glass
- Then cut a slightly smaller green triangle and glue it to the back of your hat, looking like the hat is folded
- Cut out and glue red circles to your felt hat with a white one on the tip
- Then cut out two elf ears from your cream felt and glue them to the sides of the glass
- Place a votive candle on top to display
How cute is this? So adorable. I love elves and think they are really popular, so one or two of these would make the perfect gift! The fact it’s homemade really makes it more special, and perfect to display!
Latest posts by Jeanine (see all)
- Inexpensive Preschool Idea: Teach Names and Numbers - January 17, 2017
- Homemade Valentine’s Card For Kids – With Glow Sticks FREE Printable! - January 16, 2017
- BIG Announcement! - January 12, 2017