It’s December can you believe that? We are only a few short weeks away from Christmas! My absolute favourite holiday of the whole year — where I am already counting down to when school starts! This year I wanted to be ahead of the game and make sure I have everything planned way ahead of time and so far it’s looking good!
I can’t believe how quickly this year has flown by. It actually makes me a bit sad. Tomorrow, baby Hanna will be 4 months old! One year ago today we found out we were pregnant for our little rainbow, and its just a bittersweet feeling of joy I’m having today so pardon me while I sob happy tears and enjoy this delicious recipe I’m about to share with you today. After all, doesn’t a nice sweet treat make everything better for you too? I know it sure does for me, so lets indulge shall we?
This year for our dessert I am going all out. Quickly and Easily, all out. I honestly can’t be bothered to spend a ton of time in the kitchen leading up to our big Christmas Day dinner and during the day my husband is slaving away in there cooking our turkey and all the fixings so I had to come up with something the whole family would love, something that was rather easy, and also wouldn’t hurt the budget! I am thrilled to share with you this years dessert!
If you really wanted to go all out with this parfait and use Gay Lea Dark Chocolate Caramel whipped cream, I think it would taste just incredible too.
Quick and Easy Holiday Brownie Peppermint Parfait
I wanted something really simple, but yummy so I chose to do a parfait that I could have some of the ingredients done prior to the big day and could just throw them all together quickly and stick them in the fridge Christmas Eve or morning, and this was a winner!
I used 4 ingredients. The brownie chunks I used were homemade brownies but you can go the easier route and grab some store bought! I’m sure that will not only save time, but taste just as great! I also used a packet of pudding for this instead of homemade because well its just easier, and works just as well!
- Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream
- Brownies, cut into chunks
- Candy Canes, crushed up
- Chocolate Pudding Packet (or homemade)
- Cut homemade or store bought brownies into small chunks
- Place candy canes out of wrapper into a bag and bang with a wooden spoon or spatula until crushed (you want some chunks but also some very fine crushed pieces
- Layer starting with the bottom: Chocolate Pudding, Candy Cane, Brownie Chunks, Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream, Chocolate Pudding and then top with Candy Cane crumbs and chunks.
- Put in fridge until ready to serve!
Super simple and easy right? Plus, how good does this look? It’s really good, my kids devoured these and cannot wait until we have them again on Christmas. I love doing test recipes to make sure they will be approved by the troops before the big day. So now we all have something to look forward to.
This dessert reminds me of one my mom made as we were kids called Chocolate Cow. Only this has candy canes added in. It really reminders me of it though and has refreshingly brought back memories. I was such a huge fan of Christmas back then, and spending time with my family — I would love make this dessert a tradition and hopefully give my kids the same kind of feelings when its made.
If you are looking for a quick and easy dessert for your Christmas meal or even just to enjoy with a nice hot chocolate while you unwind with a holiday movie in the coming weeks, you’ll have to give this a try! If you do — be sure to let me know how you like it!
Are you looking forward to the holidays? Our friends over at Gay Lea Foods sure are and they are trying to help brighten up the holidays for you too! They are running this wonderful 24 days of Cookies Contest — There is a fantastic grand prize to one lucky winner who “opens” one of the little doors on the cookie advent calendar! Every day you can open a little door to reveal a new cookie recipe and be entered in the contest! This is a contest you do not want to miss out on.
The grand prize will be 1 person out of everyone who ‘opened’ a calendar door will win a grand prize which is:
- one (1) KITCHENAID® Architect Stand Mixer
- one (1) KITCHENAID® 5 Piece Bakeware
- one (1) LE CREUSET® Stackable Ramekin
- one (1) KITCHENAID® Stainless Steel Utility Whisk
- one (1) KITCHENAID® Three-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
- and one (1) KITCHENAID® Scraper Spatula”
Don’t waste anymore time head on over to the contest page to be sure you get your shot at winning!
Wishing you all very Happy Holidays with lots of love and laughter. May 2017 bring you all comfort and joy!
Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with Gay Lea and I received Compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Latest posts by Jeanine (see all)
- Teething & Babies: How to Soothe the Discomfort - February 20, 2017
- Celebrating Family Day: Tips for First-Time Moms Preparing for Baby - February 17, 2017
- SING Special Edition is Coming to Blu-ray/DVD, and Digital HD This March! #SINGMOVIE #SINGSQUAD - February 16, 2017