First colds are something every parent dreads. Especially when you have other kids and everyone gets sick all at once. For the last four weeks, everyone in my family has been dealing with colds. These colds have been lasting over a week per kid. It’s been tough!
I was thrilled that Hanna and I hadn’t caught it when the last of the older kids got sick, but of course I was a little quick with my excitement. A few days later, Hanna began having a little cough, and you could hear her loud breathing in her chest. It was official, she had caught the cold. Within two days I was down with a cold too.
With babies and children under six, you can’t use many cold medicines, but we wanted to make sure our kids were comfortable. The baby was the hardest. It can feel helpless trying to soothe a 4 month old. She is a breastfed baby so of course we continued feedings to give baby the best nutrition. For our baby’s nasal congestion due to a cold, we got a little help from hydraSense to clear out her little nose hydraSense® is a brand name we know and trust. I’ve always tried to make sure I have some on hand since my oldest was born. The brand is now a staple in our home medicine cupboard and always comes in handy when one of the little ones isn’t feeling well and is stuffy with a cold.
hydraSense® is 100 per cent naturally sourced, sterile, undiluted seawater, which is clinically proven to reduce and relieve nasal cold symptoms to help baby breathe better.
Tips to Help Comfort and Soothe with Baby’s First Cold
- Keep hydraSense Products on Hand. hydraSense® Ultra-Gentle Mist, Easydose and Nasal Aspirator are all effective ways to clear baby’s nasal passages.
- Breastfeed: Babies should get lots of fluids when they’re sick so I breastfeed as much as possible.
- Shower with Steam: Bring baby into bathroom, turn the shower on hot and let the steam in the bathroom help clear baby’s stuffy nose. Don’t stay in too long as it can get very hot!
- Rest with Baby: I always found my babies were calmer, and soothed easily when I laid down near them when feeling crummy.
- Keep Warm: Make sure baby is warm. Sometimes lots of clothing or blankets can cause baby to become too hot, so make sure you’re watching for signs that baby is comfortable.
Baby’s first cold can make us feel stressed or freaked out and forget about the simple things we already know work. Believe me, hydraSense helps with nasal congestion!
For more information, please visit: https://www.hydrasense.ca/
What other tips can you share to help babies deal with the discomforts of a cold?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I did receive these products for my honest opinions and post.
Latest posts by Jeanine (see all)
- Breaking the Cat Code With Arm & Hammer™ and The Cat Whisperer Mieshelle Nagelschneider #ArmAndHammerCat #LitterBoxLife - March 25, 2017
- Disney Beauty and The Beast Toys Now Available at Toys“R”Us Stores Across Canada + Get Your 15% Off Discount Code Here! - March 24, 2017
- Little Snugglers Nano Preemie Diaper Launching in Canadian NICUs TODAY! #NoBabyUnhugged - March 23, 2017