Having a house full of kids things can get hectic to say the least. I sometimes feel like I’m being pulled in multiple different directions at once and sometimes that can be exhausting. Although, I really do try to do all I can at once I am not superwoman so sometimes when Hanna naps if I need to make dinner, deal with the other kids or get some work done I need to be able to do so while knowing Hanna is safe and be able to keep a good, close eye on her. I am one of those moms who has bad anxiety when it comes to being away from baby and even when baby isn’t in direct eye shot – I tend to stress out over every little noise.
Thankfully over the years there have been multiple different ways you can do such a thing as be in two places at once, and Philips Avent makes it really easy.
With the Philips Avent Video Digital Baby Monitor you can be in two places at once, because you can see your baby while they nap so you can get other things accomplished. This is a huge deal for me because I am ONE person, and have multiple people in my home that need me all at once, so if Hanna is napping I can turn the monitor on — bring it with me throughout the house and feel comfortable and confident she is safe, and sound.
I am a stressed out person by nature so it’s something that I do no matter what, but having the monitor to tote around with me does help ease the stress and anxiety. I don’t like not being right beside Hanna at all times but lets face it — things have to get done.
Some baby monitors you can just hear and sometimes you’ll hear baby stir, and go running. Well, that is eliminated with the Philips Avent because you can see what they are doing. If they are just tossing and turning, if they are truly awake or if they need you. The video on the monitor is wonderful, and the big screen of the unit for parents is exceptional. That has always been an issue for me with others — the parent unit is awful, but I’m thrilled with the quality of this one from Philips, I can actually see what my baby is doing instead of wondering.
Not only does this monitor have really great picture quality it has amazing features that really stand out.
Philips Avent Video Baby Monitor Features:
- SCD630/37: “Always close to your baby”
- Uses adaptive FHSS technology which offers a private and secure connection (with minimal interference)
- ECO Mode reduces power consumption -during quiet times while still connected to your baby via the unique link indication (switches off audio/video transmission and units only connect when baby makes a sound)
- 3.5” high resolution colour screen with 2x digital zoom
- Sound activated lights indicate if the baby makes noise even when the parent unit is muted
- Comforting night light and lullabies calm your little one
- Temperature sensor with customized alert
- Vibration alert
- Talk back feature
- Parent unit is powered and battery operated
- Up to 10 hours of operating time before charging is required
- Up to 150 foot range
At night we co-sleep with Hanna so I only really use the monitor during the day when she naps. It’s been really great when I need to sit down and get work done, it lets me put her down or have her sleep somewhere other than the living room in her pack n’ play or swing (which isn’t ideal, ever) so she is able to get decent naps in during the day which is really important for her growth and development.
Did I mention the other day the kids started back at school and I had to get up super early to get Jackson off to his special school for speech, and Hanna decided it would be the best day to sleep until 11:30a! Having this monitor was a life saver. We were able to go about our morning, and not have to worry about someone sitting in the room with her so we could hear her, or have to keep going down to check on her and possibly waking her up. When she did finally wake up she was so happy, and giggly it was wonderful. I also got mountains of things done which was nice.
The parent unit is a wonderful size. I love being able to see even the littlest expressions on baby girl’s face while she sleeps. It’s really good in dark, or low light. Which I was really surprised about but really happy as Hanna likes darkness. The monitor its self that records her (Above) is small and when the other kids are around they don’t even bother with it, which is really great.
Could you use a little extra relief from stress when you need to be two places at once, making dinner or taking care of the other kids while you have a child napping? Well, you are in luck!
Enter the giveaway below for your chance to win 1 of 2 monitors! Open to Canadian Residents only, excluding QC.
Latest posts by Jeanine (see all)
- Breaking the Cat Code With Arm & Hammer™ and The Cat Whisperer Mieshelle Nagelschneider #ArmAndHammerCat #LitterBoxLife - March 25, 2017
- Disney Beauty and The Beast Toys Now Available at Toys“R”Us Stores Across Canada + Get Your 15% Off Discount Code Here! - March 24, 2017
- Little Snugglers Nano Preemie Diaper Launching in Canadian NICUs TODAY! #NoBabyUnhugged - March 23, 2017