March break is coming soon (or spring break to those in the US)! It’s the perfect time to get kids in the kitchen! My kids love to help out in the kitchen all year ’round which I love because it not only gets them used to cooking and the idea of cooking but it also gives us a chance to do something together and bond!
This month for my partnership with Gay Lea I’m sharing about getting my kids in the kitchen and for this post, Kyla and dad had some fun coming up with a delicious recipe sure to please!
They made Strawberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes! Not only do they look delicious but they taste it too. Sometimes the same ol’ boring pancakes just aren’t enough, so mixing it up a little bit is a lot of fun. I know what you may be thinking, cottage cheese in pancakes? Don’t knock it until you try it. OH SO GOOD.
- 3/4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Gay Lea Nordica cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup Gay Lea Original sour cream
- 1 cup flour
- 3 large finely chopped strawberries or sweeter fruit of your choice
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Add eggs, cottage cheese and sour cream
- Mix until well blended
- In a medium skillet, add 1/4 cup batter and cook until golden brown (or bubbles form on top of pancake)
- Flip and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of toppings including syrup and fresh fruit
Pancakes are huge favourite in our house! We try to make them as often as we can but it doesn’t seem to truly be enough. When we do make them though we try to get the kids involved and be as creative as we can! As I mentioned these are Strawberry Cottage Cheese pancakes! My kids had never had pancakes with cottage cheese in them so I was really worried they’d not be big fans — I was wrong, they devoured them as quickly as we got them on the plates…. Thankfully I was able to snap some photos before they got their little hands on them.
Pancakes have always been a family favourite in our house. I remember the first time I made them and had the kids help they were so proud of themselves when they were able to flip them! It’s such a fun and easy (also not as messy) way to get the kids helping out in the kitchen!
If you are like us and not planning on many things this coming March Break/Spring Break try getting the kids in the kitchen! Our partnership with Gay Lea has really given us many reasons to get creative. Trying so many different things we wouldn’t normally think to do, and it’s been a lot of fun.
I find using Gay Lea butter, and other items such as yogurt, cottage cheese and sour cream has made a lot of our recipes a lot more fun, rich and they give a taste that I’ve been looking for in all my recipes. I love rich and creamy, and Gay Lea has really been an added benefit in a lot of our recipes. If you plan to test out some new, or even revamp some old recipes this break add a little Gay Lea!
Our kids can’t get enough of these pancakes so we’ll be sure to add them to our meal list. Not just for breakfast or brunch, but would make a good light dinner too! They are light and fluffy with a rich and creamy flavour that you won’t soon forget!
Even the cook enjoyed her meal. She was so proud of herself, and was so thrilled everyone enjoyed her creations with dad. Talk about a great confidence booster especially for a child who has gone through so much in the last little while and needs a good confidence boost!
What is your favourite Pancake Topping?
Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with Gay Lea and I received Compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Latest posts by Jeanine (see all)
- Breaking the Cat Code With Arm & Hammer™ and The Cat Whisperer Mieshelle Nagelschneider #ArmAndHammerCat #LitterBoxLife - March 25, 2017
- Disney Beauty and The Beast Toys Now Available at Toys“R”Us Stores Across Canada + Get Your 15% Off Discount Code Here! - March 24, 2017
- Little Snugglers Nano Preemie Diaper Launching in Canadian NICUs TODAY! #NoBabyUnhugged - March 23, 2017