Oral health is really important. I cannot stress this enough. I know from personal experience that no matter how many trips to the dentist you make, how much proper care you take of your teeth, you still need to do more! There is always something extra you can be doing and you should. Especially where teeth are concerned.
I have the worst teeth on the planet. I’m convinced of it. I’ve done everything right, and still, they bring me so much grief and issue. It’s awful, but the more things we do the fewer issues will arise so I do try to do my very best, and I also make sure we do everything we can for our kids teeth because they seem to be taking after me, and my mom with their teeth and that means more extra care!
The National Oral Health Care month acts as the perfect annual reminder that it’s important to pay special attention to our teeth and our overall oral hygiene, which can have a tremendous impact on our overall health. Did you know that poor oral health can lead to gum disease, which left untreated can lead to the loss of teeth… do I need to go on?
To get you started on the path towards a brighter, whiter smile, the following tips are suggested:
For the Kids:
Children often look at mom and dad as role models, so make sure you lead by example and talk to them about the importance of taking care of their teeth and gums!
- Suggest using a timer or a song to ensure that the kiddies are brushing for as long as they’re supposed to. You can even make it a family activity by doing it all together.
- Give your kiddos a bonus for brushing. A sticker chart that keeps track of their brushing habits is a great way to give them an incentive to brush.
- Introduce a toothpaste and brush that features one of your kid’s favorite characters – such as the Orajel™ Spiderman™ and My Little Pony™ Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste and the Kids Spinbrush™ My Little Pony™ Battery Toothbrush. It keeps things exciting while practicing healthy habits!
Make sure you’re brushing and flossing at least twice a day to achieve optimal oral health.
- The Canadian Dental Association recommends replacing your toothbrush or toothbrush head every three months or sooner if it becomes worn, for an optimal clean.
- Use a battery-powered toothbrush with sonic pulsating action. For example, the new Arm & Hammer™ Sonic Pulse Battery Toothbrush is clinically proven to remove 2X more plaque versus a manual toothbrush. This toothbrush has a slim, ergonomic handle, and comes with a replaceable head and battery!
- If you can’t resist desserts and candy, pay attention! Foods that contains a lot of sugar can stain your teeth and soften tooth enamel. I recommend Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh™ Toothpaste for enamel safe whitening and lasting freshness plus it prevents tartar build up!
This month make it your goal to wear a smile you’re proud of. How are you practicing good oral health habits?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am part of the Church & Dwight ambassador program. However, all opinions are mine.