I have been having so much fun lately trying out new recipes, coming up with treats the kids would love, and trying to see what I can do with photos. I won’t lie I used not really to put too much effort into my photos, but ever since I got my new DSLR I’ve had a serious photo bug and all I can think about most days is what can I make next and how can I photograph it?
I am still not at 100% where I want to be when it comes to taking photos. Sometimes the light is often difficult to figure out, especially inside. I do have a little studio type space set up in my basement now with two professional lights, so it’s coming along! Food is one of those things that I love making; I love photographing but lately, I haven’t wanted to eat much of.
These delicious and so easy no bake cake batter poppers are one of those things that you make and want to eat all 40+ poppers but you can’t because they are sweet! These are perfect for the ultimate sweet tooth!
- Sprinkle Boxed Cake
- 4 TBSP butter softened
- White melting candy chocolates
- In a medium mixing bowl mix cake batter mix and butter until well combined and smooth
- Form into small balls/”poppers” and set aside
- Melt white melting candy in microwave as directed, and quickly start to dunk and coat each popper moving fast
- As you coat place poppers on a large cookie sheet, cover with parchment paper
- Sprinkle with sprinkles immediately before the chocolate dries (I had one of my kids help me with this one!)
- Let stand for 25 minutes or pop in the fridge for 5-10 minutes
The only thing I would suggest for this recipe is to use an excellent quality cake. Also, don’t put extra sprinkles in the mix. We tried this with a different batch and the sprinkles put inside made the taste a bit off. I would buy a funfetti mix or something like it. Don’t add sprinkles inside, just on the outside!
Although my kids LOVE this recipe, and now request it often I am limiting how much I make it. It’s very sweet, and if you make the whole box, you’ll get a good amount of poppers. My kids would eat them all day, every single day if I let them — they are THAT good.
So, be warned! This sweet treat won’t stay in the house long!
They are small but mighty with flavor. So good, and so very addicting. Eat just one or two! They will be a big hit!
Do you have a serious sweet tooth like me? What is your favorite sweet treat to indulge in?