Something a lot of parents don’t realize is how important the right car seat is for their little one. I remember being a rather new parent and needing to find the proper car seat for Jordan (almost 14 years ago now, wow)! and it was hard to find just the right one. Back then I didn’t really check out different brands I basically went with what was cheaper as a single mom with no support that was something I did often.
Thankfully I didn’t drive so we didn’t go in cars often, so whatever car seat we had didn’t really get used much. Same as now, we don’t really use car seats much but each of my kids that needs a car seat still have them.
If you have a baby you are unable to leave the hospital without a car seat — so it’s a great idea to do your research and buy the best car seat from the start which is something I never really did because we never had a car, and although we did have to have a car seat at the hospital each time I gave birth or I wouldn’t have been able to leave, we went with a bucket seat which I wouldn’t have done if we did have our own vehicle. I would have gone with something like the Diono Radian rXt because of how versatile it is and how long it lasts, it doesn’t need replacing — it grows with your child!
I’ve been able to try many different name brands, all with stellar reviews and top of the line safety, but none of them are like the Diono Radian rXT I’m about to tell you all about!Diono Radian rXT I’m about to tell you all about!
Hanna is still rather small at 7 months old, she is and will be rear facing for quite some time when we do hop in cars. Luckily the Diono Radian rXT is basically all we need for her now and it’s perfect for rear facing from 5lbs – 45lbs and forward facing from 22lbs – 64lbs. At her last appointment for 6 months, she was 18lbs!
The Diono Radian rXT’s premium materials and thoughtful safety features like a steel alloy frame, aluminum reinforced side walls and energy-absorbing EPS foam put your mind at ease as your little one stays safe and sound. The reinforced adjustable head support provides additional side impact protection. Seats rear-facing children from 2.3 to 20.5kg (5 to 45 lbs.) and forward-facing children from 10 to 29.5kg (22 to 65 lbs.) in the 5-point harness, up to 144cm (57″) in height. Converts to a booster for children 23 to 54kg (50 to 120 lbs.) or up to 144cm (57″) in height.
Key Features of the Diono Radian rXT
- Full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides for unmatched safety
- NEW! Premium plush interlock knit fabric
- 12-position aluminum reinforced adjustable head support
- Fully lined with energy absorbing EPS foam for superior head and body protection
- Fits 3 across in most mid-size vehicles
- Safe Stop® energy absorbing harness
- Unique SuperLATCH system that makes installation quick, easy and secure
- Sits low on vehicle seat for easy child boarding and improved safety performance in a crash
- Folds flat for travel and is FAA certified
- 10-year life from date of purchase
Transport Canada (TC) Car Seat Recommendations for Children:
- Select a car seat based on your child’s age and size and choose a seat that fits in your vehicle and uses it every time.
- Always refer to your specific car seat manufacturer’s instructions; read the vehicle owner’s manual on how to select a seating position and how to install the car seat using the seat belt or UAS system.
- To maximize safety, keep your child in the car seat for as long as possible, as long as the child fits within the manufacturer’s height and weight requirements.
- TC recommends that children ages 12 and under ride in the back seat.
My favorite part of the Diono Radian rXt is that I really only need 1 seat for multiple years of use; and the fact it has a 10-year life from date of purchase just helps save money, time and frustration. Kids grow rather quickly and having to replace car seats constantly can be costly, time-consuming and really frustrating. With the Diono Radian rXt that isn’t and issue and if you know anything about Diono you will know this is a high rated top brand among parents. It’s worth the price tag and worth the piece of mind knowing you are getting a top brand, high quality and safe car seat that not only grows with your child but can last their whole car seat journey (or just about if you have taller bigger kiddos)!
Not only does the seat adjust for all of our kids, they all were comfortable in the seat with no issues. It wasn’t hard to adjust the size to fit each child ensuring a safe and snug fit.
One thing is for sure — this isn’t a light seat. This seat is more heavy duty and weighs 24lbs. It also comes with a padded shoulder strap for carrying on your back. If you need to bring in/out of the car its easy to do so. If you’ve ever been in the market for a car seat there are many factors to consider before buying. The biggest two for me are 1. Safety 2. Built to last. I want to know the money I spend on a seat is going to a safe seat for my child to be in as well as it’s built to last. I can’t justify spending countless amounts of money upgrading car seats every time a child of mine has a growth spurt. Getting a seat that will grow with them from the get-go is a very smart idea.
If you are in the market for a car seat that will grow with your child and last, the Diono Radian rXt is one to check out!
What do you look for in a car seat when purchasing?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I was given this product complimentary to post this review. However, all opinions are mine and 100% true.