I SCREAM, for ICE CREAM! This is one of my most favorite summer treats! I know it isn’t summer but it is darn near close with these amazing warm days of Spring that keep popping in between the rainy days here in Nebraska. I remember the summer days as a kid when you hear the ice cream truck coming down the street and by the time you begged your parents for some money and got outside, the truck was already half way down the street or on another block! Yet you could still hear his “DING DING”.
My sons call the ice cream truck the “DING DING Man” because that is what they hear, and when they hear that sweet sound they think of sweet ice cream treats they can devour to get their hands sticky with a delicious cold treat!
This ice cream recipe is easy to make and it reminds me of cake and frosting just combined into one for a perfect sweet flavor in your mouth. It doesn’t even have to be hot to eat ice cream!
Just make this and eat it! Better yet, make the Springtime Sprinkle Cake on the blog of Mommy Homemaker and Sons and eat this ice cream with it. It is heavenly! My boys enjoyed this treat and loved watching me make it, but I’m pretty sure they enjoyed eating it even more.
You will Need:
- 2 cups of Funfetti cake mix
- 1 whole can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- First you will pour your two cups heavy whipping cream into a bowl or your stand up mixing bowl. If you don’t have one use a handheld electric mixer and whip the whipping cream until thick and peaks form.
- Then pour in your can of sweetened condensed milk and fold into your whipped cream.
- Finally add your two cups of cake mix and mix well. You want to put into a freezer safe container and cover with parchment paper or wax paper. I poured my ice cream mix into a bread loaf pan.
Let it freeze for 6 hours or more before serving. Enjoy! It tastes amazing!!
Kristina is a 29 year old SAHMama to four princes. She loves cooking, baking, and doing fun DIYs with her kids and for her home! She resides in Gretna, Nebraska with her husband Mike, kiddos, and cat Autumn. You can check out her blog Mommy Homemaker and Sons, and follow her on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!