In most homes you can find pure chaos in the morning, trying to get out the door. You have to get yourself ready, children if you have them, pack lunches, and more. It is hard trying to get everyone around and out, and most importantly on time!
Some mornings in our house can be tough, and need better beginnings! If we are late for getting Jackson to school or getting to an engagement those days are tough. Do you know how stressful it can be to need to be somewhere at 10 am and at 9:45 am you still haven’t gotten out the door? Someone is always needing a bathroom break, a snack, can’t find a shoe, or lost their phone! It can be such a hassle. Especially if we are trying to get Jackson out the door to his bus while dealing with doctors appointments and homeschooling the other kids. There just aren’t enough hands or adults to help!
Lucky for us we have PlaytexBaby products to help make our mornings smoother. We can get breakfast on the table quicker and not have to worry about spills or food flying all over the place. Which is something that can often happen with seven kids sitting at the table, or two who sit there and joke around while they eat! Less mess = less stress and a better beginning for all!
Just the other morning we had a long evening where the baby wouldn’t sleep, two of the boys couldn’t settle so were up pretty late, and the next morning Jackson had to catch his school bus to his particular speech school at 7:57am. I opened my eyes at 7:41am and no one else was up yet! Talk about a rush, and a morning I wish was a little better. Nothing is as awful as almost missing a bus to this program for Jackson as it’s too far to get him to for us before his half day ends, and he only has three more classes left!
I have had to implement so many different things to help make our mornings run a bit smoother. Below I will share some awesome hacks for a stress-free morning. These tips and tricks will contribute to making your morning routine a little bit easier! You will find organizational tips, to get things running smoother in the morning time! So get ready and enjoy the hacks below!
Tips to Help Start Your Day! As Some Mornings Need Better Beginnings:
- Outfits the Night Before: Pick out the outfits for you and your family that you will wear for the next day the night before. Or do it for the whole week, if you prefer. Include socks, shoes, and any accessories, and lay it out, so it is ready to go. If you do plan for the whole week, make sure to look at the forecast to make sure outfits fit the weather for the day.
- Prep Lunches Night Before: Make your lunches the night before. That way in the morning you just toss in the lunch boxes and you’re out the door.
- Quick Breakfast Options: You can do make ahead breakfast burritos, overnight oatmeal, muffins or whatever your family enjoys. Do meals that can be just heated up in the microwave or no heat required for those busy mornings. I love making burritos or breakfast sandwiches ahead and re-heating them.
- Backpacks By Door: Make sure you have a designated area for your children to leave their bags at. Like a little cubby, station or have them sit by front door once they are done with homework at night. That way you know exactly where they are in the morning.
- Fix Children’s Hair When Eating Breakfast: If your child doesn’t eat breakfast too fast, consider fixing your kiddo’s hair while they eat.
- Get up A Little Earlier: Getting up a little earlier can help you feel a bit more relaxed in the mornings. You will have more time to get around and get out the door on time. It can also possibly give you a little time to relax before you head off to work.
- Shower at Night: If you shower in the morning, consider switching to the evening. This can save you some time in the mornings. You won’t have to blow dry your hair in the mornings, and one less task to worry about.
- 5 Minute Warning: Grab a timer and set it for five minutes when you are about ready to head out the door. Give a five-minute warning shout out, so your children hear. That way your kids know they have five more minutes and they need to be at the door ready to go. This can help teach them to get their shoes on, finish their breakfast or whatever else they are trying to do.
- Go Over Your Schedule the Night Before: Go over next day’s schedule the night before. That way you know if you have any meetings, school pictures or activities that are needed. By looking at the schedule, it can set your mind on what the next day has in store. If you have an early morning workout that day, you know to get up a little sooner to make time.
- Stay Away from Technology: Try not to focus too much on your phone or television in the mornings. Get around and ready and then if you have time before you need to head out, turn on the television for a little bit. This goes for kids too; you can entice them if they get around quick they can watch a little television or play on their phones. It is so easy to get distracted.
PlaytexBaby understands just how tough mornings can be; you can see that in the new video they just released, here.
How do you make sure you have better beginning each morning? Do you have a special routine? As a #PlaytexMom I am thrilled to share these ideas with you #ForBetterBeginnings
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am a PlaytexBaby™ ambassador. I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.