There is something about getting together with friends or family that makes me happy. I also love spending time in the kitchen cooking and coming up with great new ways to satisfy even my pickiest family members (namely the children in our family). I wanted to come up with something that was easy, flavourful and would keep all the people happy while waiting for the main event.
The ingredients in this dip are also things that most of us could possibly already have in the house but won’t break the bank should you have to run out and get the ingredients. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it.
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1 250g/8oz pkg of plain cream cheese (brought to room temperature)
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 cup marble cheese shredded plus 2 tbsp for top
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 tbsp Club House Vegetable seasoning (optional)
- Green onion for garnish
- Tortilla chips, fresh bread chunks (pumpernickel or sourdough), or melba toast chips for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Fry up the ground beef until thoroughly cooked, drain, rinse with hot water and set aside. The hot water helps to remove a lot of the grease and fat.
- Fry up the bacon slices until they are crispy, set aside on a paper towel to catch the grease, once cooled, crumble into smaller pieces
- Mix the cream cheese and sour cream together in a bowl with a hand mixer (or a stand mixer if that is what you have) until somewhat smooth
- Stir in the cup of shredded marble cheese, chives and vegetable seasoning (if you are adding it
- Transfer to an oven-safe baking dish and sprinkle the 2 tbsp of marble over the top
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until bubbly and cheese has melted on top
- Serve with your favourite tortilla chips, fresh bread chunks or melba toast for dipping
One of the easiest, most delicious dips I have ever made.
Would you do this up for your holiday feast or maybe game day fun?
Jessica Terry is the editorial genius behind 4 The Love of Mommy, blogging about the chaos of life with a large family. Located in the Greater Toronto Area, she is a super mom to 5 beautiful children ranging in age from 1 to 13. Jessica has a wealth of parenting experience under her belt and a passion for sharing her life experiences after a divorce, including co-parenting and blended family bumps. You can follow her on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.