Instead of reaching for that pint of cookie and cream ice cream, grab a healthy snack option. Pregnancy makes you pretty ravenous and having healthy pregnancy snacks that are beneficial for you and your baby are vital. When you eat healthy snack options it gives much-needed nutrients to your baby and helps keep you healthy as well. From helping your baby grow big and strong, giving you the energy to get through the day and more.
A healthy pregnancy snack should give your body nutrition and leave you feeling satisfied. These snacks are easy to assemble and will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
My Top Picks For Healthy Pregnancy Snacks
- Apple with Cheese – Go for a harder cheese like swiss, Monterey Jack or even Pepper Jack. A medium apple has around 4 grams of fibre, which is great for pregnant women. Most don’t’ get their daily fiber. Apples are also good to help with morning sickness.
- Apples with Peanut Butter – Another great option that gives you protein and fiber. A sweet option and you can even add a sprinkle of granola for added crunch.
- Homemade Trail Mix – Add your favorite nuts, seeds, dark chocolate chips, and dried fruit for a rich snack. Pumpkin seeds are wonderful to add to your homemade mix. You can buy them de-shelled.
- Eggs on Toast or English Muffin – This is a very savory snack that can bring you. Eggs are full of vitamin D and that is great to help the calcium in your body get absorbed. Whether you scramble or make a hard egg, don’t leave the yolk out, that is where the goodness is.
- Fresh Veggies – Slice up your favorite vegetables red peppers, snap peas, celery, carrots, etc. Then dip them in a hummus or Greek yogurt dip.
- Hard Boiled Eggs and Fresh Fruit – Cook up a few hard boiled eggs and pair with your favorite fresh fruits.
- Smoothie – Mix up a smoothie with Almond milk, Greek yogurt, and your favorite fruits. This will give you some good nutrients and be similar to slurping up a milkshake.
- Whole Grain Cereal – Look for whole grain cereals that have around 9 grams of protein and a good amount of fiber. Pour over the chilled milk and enjoy.
- Baked Tortilla Chips and Guacamole – Guacamole is a great superfood to eat because it has avocado. Pair with some baked tortilla chips, and dive in.
- Yogurt and Fresh Fruit – Go for Greek yogurt and some fresh fruit as a wholesome and filling snack. Top with some crunchy granola.
- Sweet Potato Chips – Sweet potatoes have a ton of potassium and magnesium which are great for helping control blood pressure. Eat as is or use to dip in hummus or a yogurt dip.
- Oatmeal – This is a high fibre snack that will help fill you up. Top with some walnuts and dried fruit or even a few chocolate chips.
- Cottage Cheese and Fruit – Cottage cheese has calcium and protein so it makes it a perfect snack to serve up. Add some fruit or crisp veggies and start snacking.
- Avocado Toast – Whip up some toast and topped with mashed avocado or avocado slices and sprinkle with pepper and salt and dive in. Feel free to add other toppings you might like.
- Nuts and Seeds – Pumpkin seeds, walnuts, almonds, are all great items to add to your daily diet. Top your favorite dishes or eat alone.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Halve up some cherry tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle a little pepper on top.
- Kale Chips – Wash up and cut kale, and then sprinkle with some pepper and bake for your own homemade kale chips. Take it to a whole new level with some parmesan sprinkled on top.
- Homemade Ice Pops – Add in some fruit and create your own homemade ice pops to enjoy. Blend up 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 banana, 1/2 cup strawberries, and pour into trays and freeze.
- Ants on a Log – Whether you prefer regular peanut butter or reach for a nutter butter create ants on a log. Celery with a peanut butter spread in the center and topped with either chocolate chips or raisins. A crispy and delicious snack option