Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Nestlé. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
Hot Chocolate is one of my all-time favourite drinks. I am not a coffee drinker, I’ve always been a tea drinker but Hot Chocolate is one of my favourites. I drink it in the Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall. It’s only natural I would jump at the chance to create a Hot Chocolate ice cream too!
Not only is it refreshing, but it tastes just like Hot Chocolate. It’s creamy and because I added some Marshmallows to the top it’s a real treat, that even the kids love to snack on!
- 5 generous tbsp Nestlé Carnation Hot Chocolate Powder
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups half and half (10%)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Pinch of cocoa powder to enrich colour
- Mini marshmallows, to top
This is an ice cream machine recipe – Best to let your bow freeze overnight. (I put it in my deep freeze.)
- Whisk creams and sugar until well mixed.
- While mixing, add Nestlé Carnation hot chocolate
- Finish with a pinch of cocoa powder for Color
- Turn on machine and add mixture.
- 15 – 20 mins and voila! Super creamy an fresh soft serve!
- Or you can put it in the freezer to harden up a bit then top with marshmallows
This campaign wouldn’t be called Stir Things Up if we didn’t do just that and stir things up. We topped it off with mini marshmallows, and it did just the trick! I don’t think there is anything more delicious than a drink turned into ice cream. DELIGHTFUL.
Of course, as with all things delicous and sweet, this ice cream is to be enjoyed in moderation (if you can’t practice self control, because YUM!) and you may want to make a couple batches and freeze them. Not only do they freeze really well, but this keeps a good while if you put a tight lid on it! You won’t have to worry about that though, I promise you won’t be able to keep this in the freezer long enough!
Who says you can only enjoy Hot Chocolate in the Winter time? No one! It’s great as a drink for every season, and also in this delicious ice cream! Carnation Hot Chocolate kicks it up a notch — my favourite Hot Chocolate, so rich and creamy. It’s perfect in this nice cool treat.