My kids love simple and easy snacks. Homemade snacks are the best, nothing tastes better than homemade so when the kids asked us to make cereal bars for breakfast this week we of course obliged. These Chocolate Cereal Bars are easy, delicious, and quick for on the go!
You can add toppings, and mix-ins to these bars, they are basically rice krispy squares made into bars with some drizzle on the top – and my kids love them!
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cups mini marshmallows
¼ cup chocolate chips
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups chocolate cereal (Cocoa Pebbles)
For the topping:
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, melted
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips, melted
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a large pot.
- Add the mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and peanut butter and stir until all the ingredients are melted and well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal. Continue stirring until the cereal is coated in a marshmallow mixture.
- Grease a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray and spread the cereal mixture in an even layer over the pan.
- Use a piece of waxed paper to firmly press the cereal mixture into place.
- Allow to cool completely, then cut into 12 equal bars.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate and peanut butter over the top of the bars and allow the chocolate to set before serving.
If you are looking for an easy, and delicious cereal bar – give this one a try! The kids will love them!