I am not a huge coffee lover, that is my husband! But this mama? Loves tea! I have been able to enjoy my tea still with Gestational Diabetes I’ve just had to swap out sugar for splenda which is fine by me as it works just as well! But, before I was diagnosed I has this great post written up about these wonderful Chocolate Spoon Stirrers! I hadn’t had a chance to get it posted until now, so while I still love and adore these spoons – I am not using them for another couple of weeks!
However, when I can again – I cannot wait. These are perfect for a little extra something in your morning or afternoon coffee or tea. They are also perfect for weddings, showers, and even just a simple get together. Who doesn’t love an extra little boost of chocolate with their favourite hot beverage? I know I do.
This recipe will yield 18 coffee spoons (see, would be a great addition to a baby or wedding shower!)
- 1/2 cup Wilton hot pink chocolate melts
- 1/2 cup Wilton white chocolate melts
- Assorted sprinkles and pearls:
- Small white candy pearls
- Large light pink candy pearls
- Multi colored sprinkles
- Hot pink jimmies
- White plastic spoons
- Fuchsia plastic spoons
- Place the hot pink chocolate melts in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
- You may have to continue microwaving at 10 second intervals until melted. Let set for one minute.
- Using a plastic or metal tablespoon, dip the tablespoon into the melted pink chocolate and carefully pour it into each plastic spoon.
- Before the pink chocolate sets, drizzle any combination of candy pearls,sprinkles and jimmies you desire. Lay the spoons on an even surface to set.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with the white chocolate melts.
- Use as a stirrer for your favorite coffee or hot chocolate. ENJOY!
What do you like to have with your coffee or tea to add a little something extra and sweet?