I’ve mentioned multiple times how much I loved the holidays but did you know I also love DIY? I don’t do much of it on the blog because I’ll be honest – I’m not that great at DIY, but I like doing it anyway. With the holidays right around the corner, my kids and I decided it would be entertaining to come up with some cute DIY ornaments for our tree!
I’ve made salt dough ornaments for a while now; I think most of us have! But I decided this time around to try Cinnamon! Why not have them smelling delicious while also looking super cute! They were easy, and because I am not very good at decorating anything I decided it would be easiest just to draw on the face to the ornaments and I think they turned out super cute!
Ingredients /Things Needed:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- Round cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing box and mix
- Knead dough, if sticky use a little flour on your hands to help the kneading process
- Once dough has been kneaded well use rolling pin to roll out dough
- Cut out circles with a round cookie cutter and place on baking sheet
- Use a pencil, straw or even a toothpick to make a hole in the middle top of circle for twine
- Pop in the freezer for 20 minutes, and then you are ready to decorate!
- Use sharpies to draw eyes, mouth and antlers or let kids get creative!
- Twine, and hang on the tree!
Depending on how thick you make them you can make anywhere from 12-24 ornaments!
My girls especially had a lot of fun helping get these ready. Drawing on the faces, and making them perfect for the tree. They are easy to make, and you don’t have to be an artist to decorate them. Otherwise, I’d never have been able to do them myself, ha!
When hanging on the tree, they make a cute little addition. Add the year on the back and have your kids make new ones every year, they are fun, smell delicious and last a long time!
Have fun and Happy Holidays!