Trying to find healthy snacks is starting to become a challenge for me. I’m sick of peanut butter, who knew that could be possible? And I am finding myself wanting more and more sweets. I knew it was bound to happen, and I knew that as my pregnancy progressed I would have some sweet cravings! I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who has gone through a pregnancy with zero cravings for sweets.
My whole pregnancy I will admit I didn’t really watch what I ate because being a 7th pregnancy I never dreamed this one would be the one to change it all. I never dreamed after all the struggle to get here to where we are with this baby girl it would end up like this. But, it has and I’ve taken great responsibility and done my part to make sure she is healthy, and getting exactly what she needs and staying on track.
While, it’s happened – My sweet cravings have returned and in FULL force. I am wanting more sweets that I cannot have (damn you gestation diabetes!) so here I am finding new snacks to make myself and my family that will curb those cravings but also stay within my Gestational Diabetes diet that I have been given to follow.
I have found quite a few things that help, but today I’m sharing this delicious recipe with you all!
Coconut Chia Seed Pudding!
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup raspberries
- Cinnamon for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl combine the coconut milk, greek yogurt, vanilla extract, honey and chia seeds. Make sure all chia seeds are mixed in.
- Cover the bowl and store in the refrigerator overnight or for 8-9 hours.
- Next day, place inside the cup the mixture.
- Serve cold on the top with raspberries and coconut.
Delicious, tasty and refreshing! Enjoy.