We’re smack dab in the middle of cold and flu season and as a mom, with 8 little germ monsters living under her roof you better believe I am prepared always. In this post, you will find What to Keep on Hand for Cold and Flu Season by this mama of 8!
Disclosure: This post is a sponsored post. As always, opinions are all my own.
With kids comes germs. Especially for school-aged children. Germs are everywhere and you can’t hide from them! What you can do though, is he prepared!
What should you keep on hand? Great question! It’s one my other mom friends ask me often because although my kids are healthy 98.99% of the time there is usually twice a year my kids and the whole family are down for the count.
Once a year a stomach bug hits. Without fail. But I’m okay with it because of vomit once a year vs multiple times a year? No thanks. So we deal with vomageddon once a year and usually a nasty cold once a year.
How? I’m not sure when I know others who have kids home 10+ days a month sick. I do believe a lot of it has to do with lifestyle and eating habits – my kids eat very healthy and we don’t allow them to be too picky where their immune systems don’t allow them to be healthy enough to fight off most viruses.
Don’t get me wrong – when it hits one it hits us all so it’s something we make sure is a top profit – staying healthy.
What do I keep in my medicine cabinet for those times sniffles or coughs come up? Great question let’s dive right in!
What to Keep on Hand During Cold and Flu Season
- Hyland’s Baby All Day Syrup: This homeopathic medicine is used for coughs due to colds. While I rarely need to treat colds, we keep this on hand because it’s one of the very best that works for our family. This syrup is for ages 6+ months.
- Be Koool Soft Gel Sheets: These gel pads are immediate cooling relief from fever. They are amazing and we always have them on hand. They last up to 8 hours and really make a difference where a fever is concerned. These are doctor recommended for kids and are non-medicated.
- Lypsyl Extreme Cold Sore Relief: Although no one else in my family has had these lovely cold sores, I have so I keep this on hand always. You just never know!
- J.R Watkins Menthol Camphor Bath Soak: J.R. Watkins is one of my favourite brands. This bath soak is the ultimate relief when you are stuffed up with a cold. It’s 99% natural without any dyes. Draw a warm bath and put 2 tablespoons (or desired amount) in a bath and get soaking!
- Soup and Crackers: This is a must. I keep a cupboard in my basement full of soups and crackers as well as other snacks (freezies, throat lozenges, etc) it’s just a great idea to keep these things on hand just in case.
So, there you have it! Keeping our family healthy is a top priority. Making sure we are prepared for any sickness to enter our house is #1 but also making sure our kids are eating properly (not just junk or proceeded crap!) and getting enough rest all help aid in keeping everyone healthy and thriving!
Do you have something else you make sure to ALWAYS have on hand in case of cold and flu? Send me an email!