Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with Gay Lea, and I received Compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
This month with my partnership with Gay Lea the theme was Farm to Table. We had a lot of fun with this post because not only was the end result delicious and a big hit with the kids but we got to go to a new to us Farmer’s Market and pick up all the vegetables and eggs from less than 3km away – and we love shopping local!
We decided on Garden Fresh Cottage Cheese mini quiche because it’s something we’ve never really done before, and we really wanted to see how delicious Gay Lea’s Nordica Fat Free Cottage Cheese would taste inside one of these little delights!
- 5 eggs
- 2 heaping tablespoons Gay Lea Nordica fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/8 cup red, yellow and orang pepper finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 thick cut ring of red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Finely chop all veggies and place in separate bowl
- Mash 2 tbsp Gaylea Nordica fat-free cottage cheese in a different bowl
- Add your 5 eggs and whisk until well mixed and set aside
- Preheat non-stick frying pan on medium high heat
- Add 1/8 cup water with veggies stirring occasionally cooking until desired tenderness
- Add water as needed while cooking
- Remove from heat and add to eggs making sure to mix quickly and thoroughly
- Ladle into mini pie shells making sure to evenly distribute veggies filling shells to brim
- Cook at 400 degrees for 30 – 35 mins or until golden
Gay Lea Nordica Cottage Cheese is a must-have staple in your refrigerator because it is nutritionally loaded with vitamins, calcium, high in protein, and low in fat, Perfect mixed with fruit, maple syrup, in meatballs, lasagna, salads, shakes, and cakes. It is also Gluten and Nut Free and Certified Kosher! With only 100 calories per 1⁄2 cup portion, it doesn’t make a big dent to the waistband either!
After I took these photos I was anxious to see what the kids thought of this mini little quiche. None of us had ever had Quiche before, except my husband so it was a real treat for those of us who hadn’t tried it before.
Kyla loved them, as did Ava but the boys were slightly pickier. While they did eat them none of the boys wanted seconds. Can’t please them all!
I cook with a convection oven so a traditional oven’s cooking time may / will vary! Feel free to use any one of the Gay Lea Nordica cottage cheese products for your recipe! It’s all about the creamy richness this healthy option achieves in the end!
What is your favourite farm-to-table meal? Do you frequent Farmer’s Markets often? I haven’t gone to many, but I think now that we live where we do I will be heading to the ones near us often. There is nothing like farm-to-table and helping support local as much as possible!