This post is brought to you by AVEENO® BABY and The Co.
When it comes to heading to the wading pool, beach or local pool around our city the first thing that I make sure I do is pack the appropriate items in our bags. The effect the sun has on our skin can be life changing, and on babies – who have the most delicate skin – it can be really damaging.
Protecting our little ones from those harmful rays is extremely critical. There are many ways to make sure your little love is protected – skin is always my top priority, especially in the sun and water!
5 Tips to prepare for a beach or pool day… What to pack:
- Sunscreen: We love AVEENO® BABY Sensitive Skin Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 because it’s a broad-spectrum sunscreen which is critical in protecting baby’s sensitive skin. It’s also a mineral sunscreen, therefore a more natural choice. We apply on our way out the door (as we take a subway, bus or street car to get where we need to be this is the best time to do it for us!)
- Hats and UV-protected sunglasses: Make sure to pack a hat and sunglasses for everyone! I know it can be tough to keep these important accessories on a baby, mine literally fights it and it ends up floating in the water – but trying is important!
- Proper shade: Bring a blanket, test or umbrella to keep your whole family out of the direct sun. This is especially important for babies who have the most sensitive skin.
- Water: Seems silly to pack water to go to play in water – but it’s really important to keep the little ones hydrated, especially if they are on the go and playing the whole time!
- Extra snacks: I get so hungry when running around after my little ones at the water — so I make sure some extra snacks are packed for the little ones but also the bigger ones.
I love taking the kids to the local wading pool. Its fun, gets us out of the house and even though it can sometimes be a big chore with so many kids — we all end up having so much fun, but getting a sunburn isn’t welcome in our plans. My last 2 little ones Jackson and Justin REFUSE to wear anything in the water but their swim diapers. They won’t do rash guards and hats? I can’t even tell you how many we’ve lost. So sunscreen and shade isn’t an option for us.
AVEENO® BABY Sensitive Skin Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 not only makes our trip to the park a lot more fun – it takes a lot of stress out of the day that I just don’t need. Taking 6 kids out for one of these adventures is stressful enough.
What do you pack for your sun-safe little ones? When packing my bags to head out a sunscreen like AVEENO® BABY Sensitive Skin Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 and AVEENO® BABY Sensitive Skin Mineral Sunscreen Face Stick SPF 50 are always first to go in!
Both are mineral sunscreens that use 100% naturally-sourced active ingredients and offer broad-spectrum protection with ACTIVE NATURALS® colloidal oatmeal that nourishes and hydrates baby’s delicate, sensitive skin – which makes them a more natural choice!
When you have picky babies who won’t keep some things on, you can prepare them and dress them to have no skin visible but that doesn’t always mean they’ll keep it all on. Sometimes you just have to pick your battles, it can be such a headache to go out for a fun day and spend the whole entire time fighting to keep a hat on your little one, or make sure they don’t rip off their rash guards while splashing in the water. So, you can’t ever go wrong with a really good sunscreen made for baby’s sensitive, delicate skin. I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have it to rely on.
What does your routine look like for keeping your little ones skin protected in the heat, sun and water?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by AVEENO® BABY, but the opinions expressed are my own.