The Egg Salad sandwich. Who doesn’t love them? I know I do. It was one of my mom’s favorite sandwiches, so I’ve always made them for myself and my kids! Like I’ve mentioned before, we’ve been trying to add more eggs into our meals, and diet.
This sandwich is a favorite on weekends, especially with a nice hot bowl of soup (Tomato, anyone? so good!)
This sandwich is what my husband has been making me for the past few months and let me tell you – my kids try to take this from me every single time he makes it, it’s that good!
- 4 Hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons of chipolte mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green leaf lettuce
- Fill a medium pan with water and your 4 eggs.
- Let boil for 7 minutes. They need to be hard-boiled.
- When ready, run cold water over eggs and leave in pot of cold water for 15 minutes.
- Peel your eggs and place in a small bowl.
- Chop up eggs and add mayo, paprika and garlic powder.
- Mix well together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop salad onto your bread and dress with any lettuce or sliced tomato you desire.
I’d be surprised if you didn’t love this – It’s a simple, yet delicious recipe that everyone enjoys! It brings me great joy to see my family sitting down on a cool Sunday afternoon with a bowl of soup and a delicious egg salad sandwich! Their bellies are full and they are happy. Can’t go wrong!
Eggs have always had 14 important vitamins and nutrients including protein, iron and vitamin A. Natural goodness, brought to you by your local egg farmers. For more information about the natural goodness of eggs, visit eggs.ca.
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Egg Farmers of Canada via Mode Media Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Egg Farmers of Canada.