Do you like decorating for holidays? What about Halloween? Plenty of times I’ve decorated and gone all out for the outside of our homes. This year, our front got transformed for Halloween on the 2nd! I couldn’t wait!
I’ve bought quite a bit at the different dollar stores but I really like to DIY things myself, or get my kids to help out with DIY’ing some decorations. Not only is this usually cheaper but it always looks better in my opinion and I love having the memories of making them hold on to!
Today, I’m going to share with you how to make a DIY BOO Sign for Halloween! You can keep in on your mantel, put it in the window or put it on your table! It’s super cute, and works any way you wish to display it!
- 2 O wood letters
- 1 B wood letter –letters are Craftwood by Darico brand 1.5″ letters and come 2 in a package.
- 2 Oval Google Eyes
- Black Acrylic paint
- White Acrylic paint
- Paint Brush
- Hot Glue
- 4 wood blocks -used scrap wood. they are 1.5″ x 1.5″ x 1.5″ pieces of wood
- Sand Paper
You can use any colour you wish, but for this we went with the black and white theme. It would look really cute with orange writing, or even a slime green colour! When I think of ghosts white always pops into my head, so it seemed fitting. But, I know others have different preferences!
- Use sand paper to knock off the rough edges of your wood if applicable.
- Paint the wood blocks black. Let dry.
- Paint the three wood letters with white paint and let dry.
- Attach the letters to each block with hot glue.
- Attach the google eyes with hot glue.
- Stack and display!
Isn’t that just adorable? Super cute, easy and fun! I love DIY decorations and so do my kiddos!
Have you ever made any DIY decorations for your house?