Over the next few weeks I am so excited to be sharing Christmas content! I love Christmas and I’m thrilled it’s almost here! One of the best parts a Christmas for me is getting the tree we get from our local christmas trees store, which I love to decorate. I’m the type of person who loves putting up decorations far enough in advance to enjoy them, but once Christmas finally rolls around I’m ready to take them down. So, while I have all the joy and excitement fresh I figured I’d share with you all!
The Christmas tree is one of the most important items to have at Christmas. Especially if you are having any gatherings or parties. We have been looking into Christmas trees for sale in Los Angeles and other areas to get the best tree we can have possible. After all, you want your tree to look its best, but if you are anything like me you also want to add a bit of your family and kids into the mix too.
So, this Homemade Christmas Tree ornament is the perfect way to do so! Not only can you make it with your kids, class, neighbors, extended family but you could also do it yourself to add to a special gift of make it for teachers to add a special touch on their Christmas tree!
Material’s You Will Need:
- Pipe cleaners (red, green, and white)
- Cinnamon sticks
- Hemp twine
- Yellow sparkly Pom-poms
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
- Cut your pipe cleaners in thirds
- Place a green pipe cleaner under your cinnamon stick and wrap each side of your pipe cleaner around the cinnamon stick and twist on the other side
- Repeat step 2, 6 times
- Cut your green pipe cleaners at an angle starting from the bottom going to top
- Now tie a few red and white pipe cleaners in between the green pieces
- Hot glue your yellow Pom-pom at the top of your Christmas tree
- Cut a 3″ piece of twine and tie the ends together to make a loop
- Hot glue the knot to the back of your tree
- Hang on your Christmas tree or put on the top of a present!
Isn’t it adorable? Perfect for any Christmas tree, as a gift or to hang on a present to give to someone special! I know my kids love making decorations at home to put on our Christmas tree. Last year we did the popcorn ropes, and the year before we did reindeer sleighs. This year we have quite a few ideas to make! This one even smells good because of the Cinnamon sticks – perfect addition to any nicely wrapped gift!