Last week I started on my new fitness/health journey. I’ve cut out sweets and am watching my calorie and carb intake. I work out twice a day and run on the treadmill once a day, and so far I’m down 8lbs. It’s been a real eye opening experience because I love food. I mean, I LOVE food. So, this Easy Chicken Parm Bites recipe is perfect. It fills me, keeps me under my calories and carbs and the best part? They’re soooo good.
Cheese has always been something I struggled with. Well, anything good and healthy, I struggled for the last 20’ish years. Cheese was always something I didn’t really like growing up. It had a weird texture, and just wasn’t something I cared to eat. But now, on my new journey I’ve decided to tackle all things I dislike. It sounds funny that someone would hate cheese right? Let me clarify. I like the unhealthy, overly processed junk cheese slices, but never could do brick. Now? I’m all about brick cheese.
These bites are quick and easy so after my full-day working, and my multiple workouts the last thing I want to do is spend time in the kitchen.
Makes around 30 servings | Prep time: 5 minutes | Bake time: 20 minutes
- 1 26-ounce bag frozen popcorn chicken
- 1 14-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread all the popcorn chicken over the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes, until crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and top each piece with marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the chicken until all the pieces are covered.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven and bake for five minutes, until cheese is melted.
If you are looking for a quick appetizer or just a smaller lunch or dinner, these are perfect. They’re quick and easy, plus – full of protein!