With the Fall weather in full swing it’s my favourite time to make homemade soups! It wasn’t until 3 years ago I started making my own broth, but sometimes I just don’t have the time to make my own broth so that’s when my crock pot comes into play and my easy faked “homemade” soup gets made!
I love making everything I can in my crock pot. When we moved back in August 2015 we FORGOT my crock pot, or it got thrown out, or someone took it (I don’t blame them, but doubt it!) and I had to live without my crock pot for a month before I decided to go out and buy a new one! Thank goodness I did because I just couldn’t imagine still living without my crock pot!
- 3-5 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 2.5 boxes of chicken broth
- Seasonings of your choice – I always use salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1.5 cups of uncooked pasta (any type you desire (we used small shells))
- Place thawed chicken breasts into the crock pot and season as you wish
- Add chopped onions and carrots
- Add broth and stir to mix well
- Cook on high for 6 hours, take chicken out of the crock pot and shred. Place back in the crock pot.
- Add uncooked pasta, cook for another 15 minutes
- Serve with crackers or rolls.
Quick, and super easy! The crock pot does all the work for you, and this is one of my favourite go-to meals during the Fall months on the weekends when I would much rather hang out with my kids than be in the kitchen to cook!
This recipe is so easy and customizable to what you and your family like so you can add, and take away whatever you want and don’t want in the recipe. It’s filling and it’s prefect for cool weather!
One of my favourites with minimal effort, and best of all? It’s kid approved! All my kids LOVE it!
What are your favourite Fall meals? Do you use your crock pot a lot?