I love making bark recipes for parties, pot lucks, meetings or for a quick dessert for the family. It’s such an easy recipe and everyone loves it. You can change the decor and toppings on this recipe to fit any occasion, but since it’s the Holidays I want to share with you this yummy and easy peppermint bark recipe. You are going to love it, so let’s jump into Easy Holiday Peppermint Bark!
This time of year is full of holiday parties, office potlucks, and office lunches. This is such an easy recipe it will quickly become your go-to recipe. You can make it in 15 minutes and it’s so good everyone will be asking you to bring in more.
Be warned….it’s addicting, this only lasts a day or two in my home so I always make it just before I head out the door.
Easy Holiday Peppermint Bark Recipe
I came up with this recipe when I was playing around with the ingredients on my last batch. I decided to try adding some white chocolate instead and then I saw my kids eating a candy cane and it hit me..white chocolate and candy canes! Delicious!
What You’ll Need:
- saltine crackers ( enough to cover your baking sheet)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 packs of white chocolate chips
- 3 or 4 candy canes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add saltine crackers on top of the parchment paper until the baking sheet is covered with crackers. Place the crackers side by side, you might have to break some apart to be able to cover the full tray.
- On your stovetop melt your butter and brown sugar until it is all melted and starts to bubble. This should only take a few minutes. You can melt over medium to low heat.
- Take your melted brown sugar and butter and pour it onto of your baking sheet that is lined with crackers. Use a spatula to spread this mixture evenly over your crackers so that they are all covered. Bake this in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Pull it out once it starts to bubble.
- While that is baking, melt your chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for 2 or 3 minutes. Make sure your bowl is dry, if water mixes into your chocolate it will seize up! I speak from experience.
- Once your crackers and brown sugar, buttery goodness is bubbled and out of the oven, pour the chocolate chips on-top. Crush your candy canes and sprinkle it over the melted chocolate. I put the candy canes in a freezer bag and crushed them with a rubber mallet.
- Put it in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens again. 45minutes to an hour.
- Pull it out of the refrigerator, crack it in large pieces and enjoy!
If you are like me and love being able to make a quick, easy but delicious dessert or treat over the holidays this is the recipe for you! I know, I know, so many people make bark. There are so many different ways to make it, ingredients to include but this bark? It is second to none! It’s delicious and everyone will be raving about it over the holidays.
Victoria Cornell is the face of Title Free Mom, a site where moms can go for a little inspiration for dinner time, getting organized, staying positive and so much more. Victoria is from Kitchener Ontario where she is raising her 3 precious kids, two boys heading into their teenage years and a baby girl. Title Free Mom is about sharing the happiness, and helping navigate this sometimes chaotic Mom life that can sometimes get us down. Head over to Title Free Mom and bring some extra sunshine into your day. You can follow her on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.