School is right around the corner and in some parts of the US already back in session! How crazy. Luckily for us here in Ontario we still have until the first week of September until we go back. So, today I’m excited to share with you this delicious, easy and fun after school snack of Homemade M&M Granola Bars!
If you recognize these bars you’ll know I had them on my old cooking site (Sugar Rush Moi) they are just way too good not to share so I had to post them here too!
These granola bars can be made with just about any different ingredients you want adding in chocolate, dried fruit or even coconut flakes! My kids love having mini m&ms in these. They give it some colour and added chocolate which I think these needs a titch of.
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown rice cereal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini m&ms and chocolate chips mixed
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix oats and brown rice cereal and pour onto a cookie sheet
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until lightly toasted
- Mix honey, brown sugar, butter and salt
- Once oats and brown rice cereal is done toasting mix all ingredients with the mixture (not m&ms and chocolate chips)
- Once cooled down (about 10 minutes) add m&m and chocolate chip mixture and stir well
- Press granola bar mixture into a baking pan and let cool fully before cutting
These granola bars have a peanut butter drizzle but if your kiddos don’t like peanut butter that is fine you can use chocolate or even butterscotch. Yum.
These bars without the drizzle would also be perfect for school lunch snacks.
Once they’ve cooled down they are easy to cut and tuck away. We keep ours in the fridge. In an air tight container and although they’ll last up to week – they never do in my house!
I’ve already started making snacks for back to school and these are on the list! Such an easy and food snack that fills them up after a long day at school! So good.
Like this recipe? Pin for later.
More sweet treats: