With fall now in full swing, it’s time to think of getting ready for the much colder weather. That change is in the air and all around us and definitely needs to happen in the home. Spring isn’t the only time to do some cleaning. With summer coming to an end, there are always things to do to prepare for the cooler weather and get your house tidy and ready for the new season.
It’s also a great time to get your inspections done and dusted. If you have a boiler, HVAC, a furnace, or heating system that you regularly use during the fall and winter season, it could be helpful to get a heating or furnace service to come and do an inspection on your system before the winter cold begins to creep in. Once this is done, you won’t have to worry about the system breaking down during the winter and leaving you in the cold. There are also a whole host of other things you can do to ensure that you are prepared before the season turns cold. Below you will find some ideas for your Fall Cleaning To-Do List + Free Printable that you can use and cross off as you go!
FALL TO-DO CHECKLIST:
- Get a furnace inspection
- Make sure you have extra batteries – especially for flashlights
- Restock your first aid kit – kids use so many band-aids! They are the new stickers!
- Stock up on candles and matches/or lighters
- Have your salt for driveways and sidewalks ready!
- Make sure to test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are functioning properly
- Put water hoses in storage
- Pack away your summer clothes or donate what is too small and can’t be passed down to the next child
- Check your gutters and see if they need to be cleaned
- Dust your light fixtures and fans
- Do a good deep clean behind ovens, refrigerators and other large appliances
- Reorganize the garage if needed
- Clean and organize your pantry
- Get out your fall/winter gear or buy what needs to be replaced or what has been outgrown
- Get carpets cleaned
Do you have a fall checklist? If so what do you do that isn’t on this list? Is there anything on the list that you DON’T personally do? I’ll be honest, some of these that I’ve included in the list, we don’t actually carry out ourselves as the jobs can get too much, or perhaps a little too dangerous, one prime example of this would be the gutter cleaning before it changes seasons. We often use different services similar to this Clean Pro Gutter Cleaning Baltimore based company and others as well, we used to handle it ourselves until someone took a little dive from a ladder, and we’ll now forever leave it up to the professionals. Anyway… The good news for you is, if you aren’t already tackling all of this list ready for the changing of seasons- we’ve made it into a printable so you can get on it ASAP!
Living in Canada and being in the north means we will be having snow pretty soon. It was in our forecast for this week (Halloween to be exact – ahh!) – and LUCKILY it changed to rain.
While I’d rather snow on Halloween than rain; I’d much prefer a little bit more time to get prepared. Things are almost done at our house for the colder weather but I’ve been slacking so join me on getting ready for the cold weather. Print your printable now – Fall Cleaning To-Do List + Free Printable.
Already done your fall cleaning and preparing? No problem! PIN for next year.