Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Nestlé. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
I love making my own desserts. Now with the holidays coming, I love jumping out of my comfort zone and getting creative for desserts. I wanted to do something different where pie was concerned and I had never done a hot chocolate pie before so it was something I was really interested in trying, so we decided to give it a go and Stir Things Up with a pie!
With Nestlé Carnation Hot Chocolate it was easy to make a recipe the whole family loved. Nestlé Carnation Hot Chocolate is also made with real cocoa.
During the holiday’s people expect the same ol’ things… So I was determined to make something different. Frozen pies are huge hits with my kids so I knew they’d enjoy it, and I wouldn’t get any complaints. This was fairly easy and was frozen in less than 4 hours in the deep freezer.
We chose to use an already homemade frozen crust, but you can use store bought! If you’d like to use homemade too use your favourite recipe!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- A pinch salt
- 1/2 cup fine sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons Carnation hot chocolate powder
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup Thick (double or heavy) cream
- Make the chocolate pudding
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Stir the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add the milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Pour into 8″ pie shell.
- Place pie in fridge 4 – 6 hours or until set.
Stir Things Up this holiday season and make a frozen pie! I wanted to add a fruit twist to this recipe so I topped with sliced strawberries around the pie and it just gave it that delicious fresh taste I was looking for! The crust was easy, flakey and homemade! We don’t like to buy many things including pie shells, we’d rather make it our own so it was a lot of fun to make sure it went well with the hot chocolate filling, which it really did!
Who says you can only enjoy Hot Chocolate in the Winter time? No one! It’s great as a drink for every season, and also in this delicious ice cream! Nestlé Carnation Hot Chocolate kicks it up a notch it’s so rich and creamy. It’s perfect in this nice cool treat.
It’s your lucky day! Nestlé is giving one (1) lucky Six Time Mommy reader a FitBit Blaze. Worth approx. $300 — exciting!