Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pull-Ups® Training Pants. As always, opinions are all mine.
I can’t believe I’m about to write this but, alas here we are. Hanna who turned 19 months on the 10th is starting to show signs and cues that she is almost ready to potty train! Yippee!
Hanna has been pretty advanced with most everything. Her milestones, her crawling, her walking, her talking and now potty training! Of course, she isn’t 100% ready so that we won’t push the milestone, but she is showing signs of readiness that indicate the beginning of our potty training journey is right around the corner!
Pull-Ups® has been a name in our household for as long as I can remember. I used them with my eldest, and every child since when starting and finishing our potty training journeys.
Hanna has been showing signs by telling us every single time she needs a bum change! It was easy for us to identify the her Signs of Readiness as we have become familiar with the resources shared by Pull Ups. Sometimes when she pees, but every single time she poops, she will come and tell us -she will point to her bum and say “bum!”. She will even bring us a diaper indicating that she needs to be changed! I’ve never had any other child do this, and I’m excited for her.
Recently, Pull-Ups® sent us a fantastic box full of potty training goodies. All of which has intrigued Hanna with the whole process. She is especially excited and curious about the potty! I haven’t ever used one in the past – we go right to the toilet but because all my other children started much later than Hanna – but I think it’s essential she uses whatever she feels comfortable with and a small potty just may do the trick!
Pull-Ups® Training Pants are designed specifically to help teach potty training skills. They look and fit like underwear, giving your child the independence to slide their pants on and off like a ‘Big Kid’ and I think Hanna is on her way to becoming just that!
To keep the positivity going when it comes to potty training we are encouraging Hanna by allowing her to explore the potty whenever she wants. We have been reading books that encourage potty training and her older sisters have been helping inspire her as well!
We are so excited for Hanna to start her journey to becoming a Big Kid! She is still so very itty bitty and small but she is fierce and she knows what she wants to do!
Is your child showing the signs of potty training or do you want to know what signs and cues are to look for? Here are some I’ve picked up on with Hanna and all my other babies!
Signs and Cues Your Child is Getting Ready to Learn How to be a Big Kid on the Potty:
- They let you know when wet: Hanna doesn’t do this often, but most kids as they get older and to the potty training stage will want their diaper or Pull-Up off the moment it gets wet. She is good at letting you know when she’s soiled her diaper, but the wetness we are still working on!
- They’ll take their diaper or Pull-Ups® off: This is a great sign that all my kids did as they approached two and a half and were about ready! They don’t like the feeling of a wet or dirty diaper so they’ll take it off.
- They’ll want to sit on the potty: Ava did this from a very early age, and she was potty trained the quickest of all my kids. She would sit on the toilet to be like big siblings and she caught on very quickly.
- They’ll tell you – “bum” “butt-butt” and point to their bottom: Hanna is doing this now when she poops. She doesn’t want to sit in it so literally seconds after she soils, she tells us.
- Waking up from a nap dry: If your little one wakes up with multiple dry diapers or Pull-Ups® from their nap, this could be a cue they are well on their way to be ready to potty-train.
- Telling you they need to go potty: This is a great one! Hanna isn’t quite here yet, but I know it will be coming soon. She does tell us when she has gone poop in her diaper, so it’s a good start! When they tell you they have to go – get them on that potty/toilet!
The decision to start potty training is an excellent time for both you and your child! As you start on this adventure together, Pull-Ups® Training Pants has all the tools necessary to get your child motivated and excited to begin their potty training journey. From potty training incentives and tips to fun, interactive games, the website has everything kids need to stay on track to becoming a ‘Big Kid.’
It’s important to keep an eye out for signs that can help you figure out when your little one is ready to begin potty training, which can start as early as 18 months. Which you see has been the case with Hanna! I am not one to push the subject, so watching for signs and cues is something I feel strongly about. Not sure if your little one is ready? Take the Signs of Readiness quiz available online at Pull-Ups.com to see if your child is ready to be potty trained.
Becoming a Big Kid with Pull-Ups Training Pants:
Potty training is a badge of becoming a ‘Big Kid’ so celebrate potty training successes by placing a particular focus on this significant milestone! Below are some tips and resources available at Pull-Ups.com to help get families started and keep kids engaged:
- Potty Training Shopping List ensures you have everything you need for success and gets your child involved from the start
- Potty Training Sticker chart helps keep your child track and visualize their potty training progress!
- Potty Training Treasure Chest helps kids get excited and stay consistent and motivated
- Kids’ love to play! Check out the Top Five Potty Training Games that kids love
Why Chose Pull-Ups?
- Easy-open sides for quick and easy changes in the event of an accident
- Underwear-like design with a diaper-like all-around day and night protection
- Added absorbency where boys and girls need it most
- Fun Disney character designs to get kids excited and engaged in the process
For more potty training resources and to learn more about Pull-Ups® Training Pants, visit Pull-Ups.com
Have a little one on their journey to becoming a BIG KID? Would you like to have a Pull-Ups potty-training kit to get off to a good start? Now is your chance! The wonderful folks at Pull-Ups have offered up a prize pack to one (1) lucky winner!
GOOD LUCK! Contest ends 3/22. Winner will be chosen at random and emailed, winner will have 24 hours to respond to winning email before a new winner is chosen. Prize fulfilment responsibility of Pull-Ups and not that of Six Time Mommy.