It’s here! It’s Easter weekend! My kids are beyond excited but probably for a completely different reason than I am. I am looking forward to my husband’s Easter feast. He works this weekend though so we are doing our Easter dinner on Monday!
I have been searching and searching for something fun to do for our dessert and finally what could be better than a Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie the whole family can enjoy together!
Giant Easter Egg Cookie Dessert:
What you’ll need and how to make —
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Stir flour, salt and baking soda together.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of flour mixture with the chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, cream butter.
- Add brown sugar gradually, beating until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a greased cake pan and bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until browned on top.
- Cool in cake pan for about 15 minutes or longer then flip onto a rack to finish cooling.
Trace the bottom of the cake pan on a sheet of paper then cut it out in an egg shape. Once the cookie is totally cooled and firmed up a bit, Place the paper on the cookie and cut the excess off to get the shape of the egg.
Put 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe cup and put it in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds until they were melted. (You can use any kind of chocolate for this – milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips work also). Pour the melted chocolate onto the cookie and spread it out with the back of a spoon. You could also you a spatula for this.
While the chocolate was still warm, Add the candies. Let it firm up completely. ENJOY!