Disclosure: This post is in partnership with Barilla Canada. As always, opinions are all mine.
As I mentioned yesterday, This week we are going Gluten Free in partnership with Barilla as the month of May is Celiac Awareness Month! More than 330,000 Canadians (about 1 in 100) are affected by Celiac disease. If you aren’t too familiar with Celiac Disease – Those who suffer from Celiac Disease cannot eat foods that contain gluten. Barilla makes it easy to make delicious meals that the whole family can enjoy while also being gluten-free!
This week we are going Gluten-Free and posting three recipes that we love to have as part of our weekly challenge with Barilla.
Today, we had this delicious Barilla Gluten-Free Pad Thai Spaghetti. Before today I had never even tried Pad Thai anything before, and I’m not left wondering why the heck not. It’s so good. I’m not too sure if it’s just Barilla’s recipe, the gluten-free delicious spaghetti noodles or what but let me tell you — it was delicious! It’s now going to be a new fave. The little bit of spice, which ever since being pregnant with Hanna I crave often really hit the spot! It’s so good.
Although this recipe was provided by Barilla, we did leave out tofu and the bean sprouts.
- One box Barilla GF spaghetti
- 1 lb. chicken breast (skinless), cut into strips
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 cup firm tofu, diced (we omitted)
- One bunch scallions, sliced
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts (we omitted)
- parsley sprig (our add-on)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- In a large skillet, sauté the chicken in the peanut oil for 2 minutes, add the tofu and scallions and sauté an additional minute
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, fish sauce and lime juice; add the sauce to the chicken
- Cook the pasta according to the directions; drain and add the pasta to the skillet, stir to combine
- To serve, plate the pasta then top with bean sprouts, toasted peanuts and a wedge of lime (we added peanuts and topped with parsley)
I was worried the kids wouldn’t appreciate what a delicious dish this was, and although a couple of them found it a little on the spicy side for them, the others loved it, and we all enjoyed it for lunch. It’s light and full of flavors, so it’s a perfect dish for lunch or dinner.
Barilla has a delicious line of Gluten-Free pasta that has the great taste and texture that you would expect from Barilla. The pasta contains Corn Flour, Rice Flour, Mono- and Diglycerides. No wheat ingredients and are produced in a dedicated Gluten Free facility.
What is your favorite pasta dish? Have you ever tried Pad Thai Spaghetti before?