I usually don’t celebrate St. Patrick’s day but as my kids are getting older I’m finding it more important to celebrate different cultures, special days, holidays and to teach them about the different ways people celebrate these special days.
This year I decided why not make it really fun and print out some coloring pages, pull up some info and videos online but also make them some chocolate bark. Who doesn’t love chocolate bark? Especially when it’s GREEN!
Upon reading up about the day I found that most Provinces in Canada celebrate St. Patrick’s day one way or another – except Ontario! My kids told me they haven’t learned anything about it in school either, so what better way to celebrate than with some coloring pages, some google learning and some chocolate bark!
- 2 cups light green Wilton melting candy
- 2 Tablespoons any green/white sprinkle mix
- 1/4 cup green M&M’s
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat your melting candy in a microwave safe dish for 3-4 minutes on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted
- Stir in your vanilla
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Pour your melted chocolate onto your parchment paper
- Spread your chocolate out evenly with a spatula
- Gently press your green M&M’s into your melted chocolate
- Now sprinkle your green and white sprinkles on top
- Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes
- Once your chocolate is hard you can start breaking apart and enjoy!