I have been wanting to try making my own chocolates for a very long time now but I thought it would be too time-consuming and didn’t realize how simple and quick they REALLY are until recently. I had mentioned to my husband I wanted to try chocolate almonds in an ice cube tray. Of course, he didn’t wait for me but went ahead and made them and they are probably the best chocolate almonds I’ve ever tried.
Not only are they easy and require very little work, they taste even better than store bought and have less junk in them too!
I was thinking of what to give some of my friends this year because we are all basically not wanting too much and I thought why not a little jar of these homemade chocolate almonds? They are personal, homemade and delicious so it makes sense to give as a gift!
- Two cups semi-sweet melted chocolate
- Whole roasted unsalted almonds
- Rounded Ice Cube Tray
- Small mason jars
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate for 1 minute
- Stir chocolate and heat again at 20-second intervals
- When chocolate is smooth and creamy, pour into ice cube molds until 2/3 full.
- Drop your almonds into the ice cube molds and cover with remaining chocolate
- Once filled, refrigerate or freeze until hardened.
Yields 21 chocolates
Don’t they look super cute? Use a small mason jar, and some twine to tie around the top and you have yourself a cute little gift jar!
I was thrilled that my husband made these and they turned out just perfectly. He actually made me some last night with dark unsweetened chocolate (for my gestational diabetes) and crushed almonds that were incredible following this method. So delicious!