I’ve always loved making my own play dough. Buying it in store is all good but I find it never lasts. My kids mix them together, they leave the jar opened and it gets hard. So, why not make your own? Be able to replace what gets ruined, and always have some on hand for the kids playtime.
My kids love using their imaginations for playtime. They love making things with their hands and building. Play dough has always been a favorite in our house.
I don’t really like making play dough with food coloring as I find it gets pretty messy, even if only while making. So take a peek at this crayon play dough!
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 4 blue crayons, cut up
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup salt
- 1 Tbsp cream of tartar
- In a bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients
- Peel the wrapper off of your crayons and cut them up into small pieces.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat vegetable oil and add crayons.
- Stir until the crayons are all melted, then add your cup of water slowly while continuing to stir.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients while stirring.
- Once all ingredients are added, remove from heat and knead dough until well combined (will be a little warm).
- Store in an air tight bag or container to prevent from drying out.