Our three dogs are most definitely part of our family. I love making sure they get the very best and sometimes I like making sure they get a treat or two! That said dog food, treats and everything associated with pets can get costly so I like to make what I can homemade for them because it’s cheaper but also so I know what exactly is going into the food they are eating!
If you are like me and love making sure your pet has only the very best, and sometimes like to make sure they get to enjoy a treat try these homemade doggy muffins! My dogs think they are “human food” which they could be but I’m sure wouldn’t taste very good to us — which my dogs love! So they got nuts for these treats!
Make Your Own Doggy Muffins
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix pumpkin, honey, coconut oil, and water together in a bowl.
- Add the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon to the mixture and stir until dough softens.
- Knead with your hands to blend all the ingredients.
- Divide the dough into half.
- Roll out the dough about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out different treats with mini cookie cutters.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until doggy treat are hard.
- Store in zip lock bags
Do you have a dog? What types of treats do your dogs enjoy?