Breakfast is probably my favorite meal. It doesn’t usually happen often for me in the mornings because I am never hungry in the morning but when I want breakfast, I want breakfast. I want the works, and my kids love when I get in the mood for breakfast, especially for dinner.
Breakfast for dinner is a favorite of many – You’d be surprised how many times I see it mentioned on facebook statuses and on twitter.
Bacon, Eggs, Toast, French Toasts, Sausages, Waffles, Pancakes – you name it, we love it!
What could be better than all your favorites on one plate? Well, how about all your favorites on one plate BUT instead of wasting time making pancakes and waffles what if you were to make pancake waffles. WHAT!? Yes, How delicious does this look?
Delicious. You can top it with any of your favorite fixins’ like blueberries, strawberries, peaches, pineapples, whipped cream, and even chocolate chips! My kids think this is brilliant because they are strips and not boring circle pancakes!
- 2 cups Flour (use coconut flour to make gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- (optional 2 tablespoons Soy Flour to make Egg Free)
- In a large bowl combine the ingredients with a whisk. Store in an air tight container.
- Add one cup of water and one cup of milk to a bowl. Add in 2 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon of vanilla. If you didn’t use the Soy Flour add in 2 eggs. Whisk.
- Add in your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients. Whisk but leave slightly clumpy.
- Spoon batter into waffle iron of choice and follow it’s instructions.
- Top with powdered sugar and blueberries once fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
I’m not a real pancake lover myself. I’m more of a french toast, bacon, sausages and eggs girl. But, my kids love pancakes. Making different types of pancakes and making sure we change it up to be a bit different makes the kids want to eat them more and even request them! These sticks are sure to be a big hit!
What do you like to have for breakfast? Do you like having breakfast for dinner?