Oh hey! Fancy seeing you here – it’s a recipe post! I haven’t posted a recipe since back in April, can you believe that? I don’t know about you but I am so excited that it’s finally fall. I love the cooler weather and although in Canada it tends to get cold really quickly come fall, I’m ready for it. I loved summer and was glad for warmer weather after the cold, who isn’t? But I love living where there are four seasons that are easily distinguished. I am so ready for colorful leaves, cooler breezes, and hot drinks!I’m also ready for all the delicious recipes fall brings with it. Apple crisps, homemade pies, and everything pumpkin. I will admit, I never tried pumpkin anything until recently and I’m so sad I always brushed pumpkin off as something I hated because hello – it’s delicious!
I don’t however like any sort of pumpkin drink so there’s that. But a pie, crumble and pudding? YES PLEASE!
Today, I’m sharing this deliciously easy fall inspired Pumpkin Pudding recipe! It fills your house up with a sweet smell that only fall can bring. I will gladly make this weekly just to have my house smell this amazing. YUM.Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla (if desired)
- 2 1/2 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- Beat your egg and milk until well combined.
- In a medium pot mix your sugar and flour over medium heat and slowly add your milk/egg mixture stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about a minute stirring constantly.
- remove from heat and stir in your spices very well.
- let cool in the pot for about five minutes giving it a stir a couple of times and transfer into serving dishes.
- refrigerate for a couple hours and top with whip cream or cool whip.
Doesn’t it look to die for? I promise you, it’s even better than it looks!
If you are looking for a delicious yet rather simple recipe to enjoy all fall long this is the one you’ll be whipping up – I promise! It’s so good.
Are you a fan of pumpkin? What’s your favorite fall dish?