As the warmer weather has finally seemed to have arrived and decided on staying, this Chicken Pot Pie in a skillet is the perfect way to start prepping for the summer months and the camping season ahead. This Chicken Pot Pie is always a family favorite around our house and the kids will honestly eat every last morsel of this every time. This recipe is also a surefire show stopper at any gathering too.
We aren’t big campers here as there are so many of us but, my husband sure likes us to feel like we are at a campsite every he creates this wonderful Chicken Pot Pie. With the pickiest of eaters
all living it seems under our roof, this very versatile recipe will even satisfy those with a difficult palette to please. Who really knew that Chicken Pot Pie could be taken to such a stunning new
level of delicious? P usually makes two pans for the family both with different veggies inside but all the rest of the Chicken Pot Pie remains the same. See? Perfect for all those picky palettes and all
you parents with those hectic schedules.
- 3 T butter
- 3 T flour
- 1 cup milk (you may need more – depends on the type of milk you use and how thick you want the mixture to be)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1 can biscuits (or you can use a pie crust or make your own)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery (optional)
- Rosemary or thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Melt butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add in flour and stir, whisking in milk.
- Add chicken and veggies and stir until all ingredients are coated.
- Pull biscuits apart and place them on top of all ingredients.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through.
Talk about a simple recipe no?This Chicken Pot Pie is also perfect to get some of the littles involved and get their creative foody juices flowing as well. Justin loves getting his hands dirty in the kitchen
with dad and is always up for the challenge big or small. This particular recipe is almost easy enough for him to be making all by himself but they love hanging in the kitchen together creating
so an amazing win on the bonding time with amazing Chicken Pot Pie as the end result. Seriously, this Chicken Pot Pie wins on so many levels and will fill your belly with all the comfort you can handle.
Chicken Pot Pie no longer needs to be individualized and so labour intensive. This recipe is sure to make all of your family members beg for more and make sure that you include it on your weekly
meal plan it’s that good. Enjoy!