Expecting a baby is the most magical experience ever. I’ve done it 8x so I am quite confident when I say its the most rewarding, most magical experience any woman, and even man will experience. Although not ideal, a virtual shower is just as special. Which brings us to why you are here – How to Host a Virtual Baby Shower.
I had one baby shower back in August of 2003. It was so special. I had just turned 18 and I was 8 months pregnant with my first child. I had just split with my boyfriend, and baby daddy but my sister in law made sure the day went on and was so very special. It was Winnie the Pooh themed and all my favourite people were in attendance, including my grandma which looking back now, I cherish her being there.
I’ve been doing a lot of reading and noticing that a lot of people have had to postpone their baby showers or sprinkles. Why? With what’s going on all over the world right now there isn’t any reason to risk it however — celebrating that sweet baby of yours still needs to happen. Why not try to do it virtually?
I understand how it feels being in your home without all your family and friends to attend your shower. The whole point of a baby shower is to shower the parents-to-be with all the love and things they need to get through the early weeks of having a newborn.
Having a virtual baby shower still has all the excitement, fun and love as a traditional shower – all of your friends and family can attend, and you don’t have to wear pants! Just kidding (well, you don’t really have to!) but you can have your own shower, at home with your friends online and experience all the love from a far. Heres how..
How to Host a Virtual Baby Shower
- Pick a date and time: I’ve included a checklist to help you along with this, and as an added bonus I have included a sheet to keep track of baby gifts and who they were sent by (download below)
- Create your wish list: You can do these on various websites including: Amazon, Babies R Us, and Target.
- Pick your platform: There are many different platforms you can host your virtual shower on but I’d recommend zoom. Facebook, Google Hangouts and Skype are also great options.
- Make you invites: With links to your wishlist, the date and time of the event and how they can join – Send to all your friends and family.
- Decorate your own space: Order some fun decorations on amazon, call your favourite bakery and have goodies delivered. You don’t need to deprive yourself, indulge girl!
- Keep Track of packages: With your wishlists the guests of your shower will be able to purchase off your lists and send directly to you. Be sure to keep them in the boxes and keep note of where you keep them for the big day.
- Download: My fun checklist for your baby shower with bonus sheet to keep track of your gifts and who to send thank you notes to! Get them both, here.
Now that we’ve figured out How to Host a Virtual Baby Shower it’s time to think of some fun games and entertainment to include in this fun shower.
Here are some great ideas to consider:
- Baby Shower Bingo – by FrugalFanatic.com
- 20 Super Fun Baby Shower Games – by PlayPartyPlan.com
- 15 Hilarious Baby Shower Games – by RealMomHelp.com
- 10+ Fun Baby Shower Games – by SouthernDakotaMama.com
While a lot of these games are focused on in-home gatherings you can do quite a few online with some extra preparation and help from your guests!