Light, fluffy and deliciously crisp for a gorgeous Summer morning! What better way to start the day than by having a delicious Mini Lemon Iced Tea Streusel Muffin!
I don’t know about you but when I think of Spring and Summer the first thing that comes to my mind is warmth. I love the sun shining through the window, having the windows open and listening to my kids giggle with glee as they play in the backyard and get to spend most of the day outdoors.
Something else I think of when I think of Spring and Summer is light, and refreshing. When I think of those two things together, I come up with these delicious mini muffins. Not only are they really cute as mini muffins, but they are really easy to make and enjoy.
These muffins taste like the food version of what I can only imagine Nestlé Nestea Lemon Iced Tea would taste. Lemon Iced Tea is one of my favorite drinks, so having something so light and refreshing as a snack that tastes like the drink is pretty incredible. There is a bit more hint of Lemon as I used some fresh lemon zest in the recipe too!
For the Strudel Topping:
- 2 tablespoons Nestlé Nestea Lemon Iced Tea Powder
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
For the Muffins:
- 1/4 cup softened margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Nestlé Nestea lemon iced tea powder
- 1 zest from a lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners
- In a large bowl cream together margarine and sugar until fluffy. Add in egg, followed by vanilla, lemon zest and l Continue mixing. Scrape bowl as needed. Add salt, baking lemon iced tea powder. Mix well and add flour mix until fully combined. Add in sour cream, mixing well. Using a teaspoon, spoon mixture into prepared mini baking pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients for strudel mixing well, then add in melted butter very slowly, and use a fork to make into crumbs.
- Add crumbs to top of muffins, then add pinches of Nestlé Nestea Lemon Iced Tea Powder to the top of the muffins
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clear. Let cool 3 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Nestea has reduced sugar by 25%, and has no artificial sweeteners, plus it is made with real tea leaves. Nestea has 25% less sugar than the leading soda brands and 29% Less Calories than pop and is only 50 calories per serving!
These mini muffins were a huge hit. I already made a second batch and they were eaten up really quickly too. These are small, bite-sized mini muffins so perfect for even the littlest of hands. My kids helped me with this one in the kitchen, and they loved adding the crumbs and iced tea to the top.
Perfect for breakfast, snack, or even dessert these light and fluffy muffins are perfect for Spring! I love having these with a nice cold cup of water, or a fruit smoothie. They are small too so indulging can be guilt free! My favorite kind of indulgence!
If you are a fan of lemon, these are the muffins for you! They aren’t just cute, they are bursting with flavor and are extremely moist and fluffy on the inside!
Have you tried adding a little Nestea Iced Tea Powder to any of your baking? I’d love to hear about it!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Nestlé. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.