Healthy treats can be hard to come by unless you make them on your own. I mean, sure there ARE healthy treats out there but do we really know whats in them? I enjoy making my kids treats instead of buying them not only to save money, but so I know exactly what they are eating.
With school right around the corner we are trying to make the best of what is left, so I often get the kids involved in making little treats and snacks! Getting them to help makes them enjoy it so much more. Being able to enjoy what they’ve helped create is serious fun for littles. What else is fun?
Minions. As I’ve said before, I love the Minions. They are huge in our house right now, so why not make as many Minions things as possible right? I think it’s great idea.
With Summer winding down and coming to an end what better way to cool off with Minions Lemon Yogurt Pops! Delicious, Refreshing and oh so cute. Minions for everyone!
- 1 1/3 cups vanilla lowfat yogurt (I used Dannon)
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 6 T sugar
- 8 Wilton candy eyes- large size
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the lemon juice for about 35 seconds. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- Pour the yogurt into a medium bowl. Add the lemon mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the lemon yogurt into your ice pop molds and freeze overnight.
- Immediately before serving, run hot water over the molds to release the pops.
- Press 2 candy eyes into each pop.
Do you have any plans for the last little bit of Summer? Any fun recipes you enjoy making and plan to enjoy?