Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Nestlé. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
Mint is one of my all-time favourite flavours. I love making cookies that have mint in them, especially if they are chocolate. This recipe really surprised me as it’s one I’ve made for a really long time, I just decided to Stir Things Up a bit and make these Mint Hot Chocolate Cookies!
Using Nestlé Carnation Hot Chocolate gave this recipe a delicious hint of hot chocolate while topping the cookies with a small drizzle from a Nestlé Mint Aero Chocolate Bars was just what we needed to make these delicious and minty.
Serves: 12-24 (depending how big you make them)
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Nestle Carnation hot chocolate
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pre-Heat oven to 400
- In a medium bowl combine butter and sugar and beat until light. Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, hot chocolate, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Add in chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon-sized balls of dough and roll into a ball. Pat the ball flat in your hand then place on cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8-13 minutes, or until semi-firm. Adjust to suit your oven.
- Once done, cool and drizzle melted Aero Chocolate Bar on top. Let firm up, and serve!
These cookies are good for a nice afternoon snack with a tea or coffee or perfect with a small cold glass of milk. My kids love dipping these cookies as the milk starts to taste like mint hot chocolate so they can enjoy the taste a little longer!
Stir Things Up with these delicious Mint Hot Chocolate Cookies! With Nestlé Carnation Hot Chocolate. Did you know Carnation Hot Chocolate is made with pure cocoa? So delicious! The perfect addition to these delicious cookies!
I have been having so much fun trying new ways to spruce up old recipes. I think this one just turned out so good. Who knew hot chocolate would be SO good in a cookie? Glad I tried it, this is one of our new favourites!
Have you ever Stirred things up and made a hot chocolate cookie?
It’s your lucky day! Nestlé is giving one (1) lucky Six Time Mommy reader a FitBit Blaze. Worth approx. $300 — exciting!