As a young kid I was always really into holidays. Halloween to me was better than Christmas and I loved the weeks leading up to Halloween. Our Thanksgiving is in the beginning of October so after Thanksgiving most stores get everything out for Halloween and thats when I would get really excited.
My mom wasn’t one for baking, but my grandma always was. She would always make fun sweets, but nothing beat her apple crisp. I wanted to start making more fun things for my kids in the weeks/days leading up to Halloween to get them as excited as I used to be for the holiday, because let’s face is what is more fun than getting dressed up in your favourite costume and going door-to-door for free candy? Nothing! So I like to have fun with it too since I can’t really do the Halloween things myself, my kids love that I love to decorate and bake fun goodies.
Today, I’m sharing this recipe for delicious Monster Eye Cinnamon Rolls! Not only are they delicious, they look awesome and are a great after school treat!
- 8 ct package of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- Candy eyes in a variety of sizes
- 3 C. powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 5-6 tablespoons of milk
- Green gel food coloring
- Orange gel food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Open the can of cinnamon rolls and place them about 2-3″ a part on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 12-14 minutes.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, combine the powdered sugar and melted butter. Slowly add in the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the icing is easy to spread but not too runny.
- Split the icing into 2 separate bowls.
- Add green food coloring to one bowl of icing and orange food coloring to the other bowl.
- Generously frost each cinnamon with icing and give each monster some fun candy eyes!
*Makes 8 cinnamon roll monsters
Aren’t these just the cutest Cinnamon Rolls you’ve ever seen? Perfect for an after school snack, or an afternoon snack! I wouldn’t really eat them in the morning but maybe on halloween who wouldn’t want a yummy treat like this? It’s okay to make an acceptation!
Do you make any fun treats leading up to Halloween?