Motherhood. The word makes some people cringe at the thought of being a mom. Others it’s the best job and most rewarding experience in the world. It really is. Motherhood is amazing. It can be exciting, joyful and full of happiness but it can also be overwhelming, frustrating and a bit chaotic when balancing life and kids, work and kids and everything else life decides to throw at us. As a Mom, we hear it takes a village to raise a child. Heard that phrase before? How does it make you feel? I know as a mom we don’t want to hear sometimes how to raise our children but what about the advice on how to raise ourselves? To care for ourselves and love ourselves? Want some good Motherhood Advice to Take and Not Turn Away? You’ve come to the right place!
As a mom, we put ourselves on the back burner. Everyone comes first and we put ourselves last. We lose ourselves and we find ourselves desperate to find our purpose in life or meaning besides being just a mother and a wife. It’s time to take care of you. To show yourself some love.
Here is some advice on motherhood for you to treasure and keep and not turn away.
- Do one of your favorite things – what brings you joy? Reading, listening to music, going for a walk?
- Take a mental break – Take a breath and allow yourself to calm your mind and destress.
- Pamper yourself every once in a while to feel good about yourself and to feel beautiful – Go for a manicure and pedicure, a massage, a spa day, or go get your hair done. Anything that allows you to feel like you’re getting some special treatment like our kids do? Girl go get it done!
- Take a momcation – Yes, I said it! Go out with some girlfriends for a weekend or even a day trip! Do something fun even if it’s a one-night hotel stay in town.
- Have a date night with your hubby – It’s important to have that quality time and feel special with your man and to have a good time with another adult and not just the kids.
- Create a manta – Repeat this to yourself every morning of your day to tell yourself you can do this! You are awesome and you are strong!
- Surround yourself with positivity and get rid of the negative – Yes, the miserable people in your life that bring you down or invade your sunny day with their storms – get rid of them.
- Exercise – for a good energy boost, stress reliever and just for overall good health.
- Ask for help – If you need a part-time babysitter or someone to even come to clean the house occasionally or deep clean once a month – do it! If you feel it will help you out in the long run then why not ask for that additional help.
- Get a journal or a diary – WRITE! Write down your thoughts and feelings day to day or even weekly. Sum up your week every Saturday and take a look back and reflect on how things were, what needs to change or what is going great!
Do what you can for yourself, always. Make sure to remember you are the one expected to take care of everyone else but who is taking care of you? YOU MUST! Hopefully, after you read this, Motherhood Advice to Take and Not Turn Away – you make some time for yourself!